Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

The modding community

Well, as everyone noted, we have already wasted every possible topic concerning DooM3. So let´s talk about what will happen after all of us played the game till insanity.
It is obvious that a big chunk of Quake´s modding community will create for DooM3, since they´re too desperatedly waiting for the game (just check the forums). It will probably attract some of the Unreal and Half-Life people too.
With such an enormous amount of dedicated people, combined with the new set of tools, it´s obvious that the Internet will fill up with a whole new plethora of TC´s and PC´s.

For those who are already waiting anxiously to mod, and for those who aren´t even going to try, I ask :

What mod would you like to create?

If you ask me, I would love to see a TC that changes the apocalypthical future of DooM for an XVII century mansion, like the Alone in the Dark games. This mod could do fantastic things using the lighting architecture.

And if we seek further into the future, what franchise would you like to see recreated on the PC using this engine?

Mmh, my choices would be a new incarnation of the HeXen series, and a new Thief too (just imagine how deep the game will be taking in mind that both you and your shadow must be kept hidden).

Guest Omega

Nah. I'm still up for talking about Doom 3. You do have a point, though. A new Thief or Hexen game would be sweet. Have you guys ever played 'Opterra'?

I don't expect doom3 to be very friendly to speedrunning, so i will probably start a mod that implements a timer, kills\secrets stats and if needed, new map entities.

I would enjoy a new Heretic game, but as a real ego shooter like Heretic1. With a diabolic athmosphere, also the player character should be a real nasty heretic, not a brave elf like Corvus.
Heretic was my second favorite classic shooter right after Doom :)
What else? Some kind of role playing game would be nice also, but with the high state of realism that only a 1st person shooter can reach. There was a game called Zork:Nemesis I really enjoyed, it was kind of 1st person view, but not really. A game like this on the new Doom engine - that would just be amazing!

Zaldron said:

Well, as everyone noted, we have already wasted

Well thanks :)

Yeah i also would like to see HeXen ]|[ then. Raven Software can use Doom 3 engine to make the Final saga about Serpent Riders and stuff. They did the same with Doom engine to make Heretic and HeXen. As for me i would like to see there more LOGICAL things as it was in first HeXen, diabolic environment, more RPG elements. Of course some NPCs will be appreciated also...

Depending on how easy Doom 3 editing will actually be, I'm probably going to try to create a small partial conversion set in a modern day city.

The place would be dark, wet and dingy. A neo-noir type place in other words, as seen in films such as Se7en. The player will start off as a police detective investigating a murder in an alley, but will soon discover that the city (as in all good noir, it's unnamed) is slowly being invaded by demonic beings (the hellspawn in other words).

The player will explore typical noir locations. The crime scene alley and surrounding (mostly abandoned) apartments; the city underground (sewers, abandoned subway, etc); the docks (including a large warehouse and possibly a cargo ship); and of course a desecrated cathedral (including graveyard and crypts).

It's based on a Doom story that I began writing ages ago, but pretty much gave up on. The first two chapters will be hopefully be released if and when Covaro ever gets round to finishing off his Christmas 1999 contest.

I also had the idea of creating a level based in an evil looking Event Horizon style spacecraft. Again it depends on what Doom 3 editing is like.

Omega said:

Nah. I'm still up for talking about Doom 3. You do have a point, though. A new Thief or Hexen game would be sweet. Have you guys ever played 'Opterra'?

Thief 3 is already in development, at ION Storm Austin. Before you say "oh shit!", that's the Deus Ex team, not the Daikatana team :)

I'm not sure, but I think it's using the latest LithTech engine.

NiGHTMARE said:

That sounds good, Nightmare. It reminds me a little bit to Q3 mod (which isn´t released yet), which is based on H.P. Lovecraft stories: Cthulhu Q3
http://www.planetquake.com/cq3/