Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malum Archon

Natural Disators in Doom 3

All Natural disators *spelling?* like earthquakes, floods, eruptions, hurricans, etc have in most games been pretty lame to date. Floods are usually just the water rising a different speeds *jedi knight* and earthquakes have the ground shaking and cracks appearing, I remember that but not the game. What I'm getting at is, Doom 3 should have some kick ass disators added to it like realistic floods where a wall of water smacks into you and rushes you down a river or something *lose some weapons in the process?* and earthquakes where buildings and enemies actually fall over, crumble apart, and the enemies fall down and have to get up again as they are thrown around *you included*. Also, I think a ship crashing level would be cool. I enjoyed the level in Jedi Knight where the ship was crashing, I thought that was cool, and maybe somewhere in Doom 3 this could occur too. I might just be repeating old ideas, but if not, well there you go.
By the way, anyone know if in Doom 3 you can like blow a hole in a wall and walk through to the otherside? I heard something about the engine having almost real life physics, and wouldnt this be a problem? If I wanted to finished a level, I could just blow holes through walls until I found the exit. Might make for interesting multiplayer play also.

Very nice idea. Most games already have the earthquake function. And i would love to see more of those *DISASTERS*

Yeah, scripted event such as disasters would certainly add some atmosphere. As long as it doesn't mess the gameplay, that is.

Well, I think a five minute long -survive-the-flood- level would just be annoying as fuck. Mixing them in for detail and surprise value is great, but taking one thing and stretching it out for a rediculous amount of time could really hump the gameplay in the nostrils.

Guest Meebes
Shaviro said:

Very nice idea. Most games already have the earthquake function. And i would love to see more of those *DISASTERS*

Right on the money Malum. And the game was Duke Nukem with the earthquake effects at the San Andreas fault and on the moon.

Disasters could really make the atmosphere better by forcing you to accept that the world is going on around you and you are not the whole focus of everything. I don't want ANY scripting at all (do I have to say Soldier of Fortune or can I just SCREAM IT!) but if it's going on around you and you just fight your way up and out of it that would be nice.

Ship crashing is awesome, but I just keep getting flashbacks of some quake 2...it would take some skill to not have it totally suck.

DEATH TO SCRIPTING!