Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knight

why are we calling it doom 3?

Guest Knight

there already is final doom(3) and doom64(4) and they are both canon in one way.

Final Doom is a 64 level expansion to Doom 2.

Doom64 is a separate sideline of the mix, sort of like Doom 1.5 in my opinion. The graphics on it are awesome, though.

What the hell do you mean by 'canon'? They're both canon in one way? That's a new phrase for me.

We're calling it Doom 3 because iD hasn't given us anything else to call it. There was a big discussion on this forum about this around four months ago.

And there is already a wad called "Doom 3: Mr Smiley Goes Safari"...
But forget about it and also forget about Final Doom etc., everyone knows that there was Doom and Doom II: Hell On Earth, and the third game into the Doom series will be the new Doom. No discussion.

Dammit, how long do i have to keep the beer and cookies hidden,
will the newbie invasion ever stop????

Well, welcome to doomworld mah friend, i'll put on the coffee, because its gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng night.

And yeah, wtf does canon mean?

deadnail said:

Final Doom is a 64 level expansion to Doom 2.

Doom64 is a separate sideline of the mix, sort of like Doom 1.5 in my opinion. The graphics on it are awesome, though.

What the hell do you mean by 'canon'? They're both canon in one way? That's a new phrase for me.

We're calling it Doom 3 because iD hasn't given us anything else to call it. There was a big discussion on this forum about this around four months ago.

Canon -saintly, immortalized, of great historical significance. Object of respect and reverence.

Doom is canon among pc games.

Get it? Got it?

Good. :)

Well, we call it that way because D3 is a lot shorter than New DooM (as id refers to it)...

BTW : Does anyone here saw the Seraphim Trailer?? Im looking forward to that game. I have a question : they´re using a Basil Poledouris song, probably from Conan. Does anyone here knows the name of that song?

Stphrz said:

Canon -saintly, immortalized, of great historical significance. Object of respect and reverence.

Doom is canon among pc games.

Get it? Got it?

Good. :)

canon = object of great historical significance

Got it.

Now I'm on the trolley.

Actually I was off a little. I went to dictionary.com and looked it up.

"A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion" was the closest to "my" defintion that I found....

Well, I was close kinda.... :)

DAMMIT NOW YOU FUCKED ME UP! NOW I GOTTA SET A Q-TIP ON FIRE AND DELETE THAT PORTION OF MY BRAIN! YOU HAPPY NOW?!

Shit, it's been a busy day for this...

Guest Stealthy Ivan

They are calling it doom 3 cause it comes after doom2..... Final doom is just an add-on, and doom64 dont count...

Stphrz said:

Actually I was off a little. I went to dictionary.com and looked it up.

"A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion" was the closest to "my" defintion that I found....

Well, I was close kinda.... :)

I read some FAQ somewhere about 'canon' star wars shit being stuff which is authorised and fits the official story line, e.g. not the novels and stuff which conflict with the future sw2 film's plotlines etc. so perhaps he means doom64/final doom fit in with the doom/doom2 plot?

MACVILEWHORE said:

Dammit, how long do i have to keep the beer and cookies hidden,
will the newbie invasion ever stop????

Well, welcome to doomworld mah friend, i'll put on the coffee, because its gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng night.

And yeah, wtf does canon mean?

You don´t know what cannon means? I´ll show you what cannon means, hehe... *boooooooom*

Guest Dark_Fox
CHAINSAW+DGM said:

DooM 64 is shit!
it's a cartoon about dem bad ol' demons
infact....are their any games for the n64 that arn't cartoons?

God dammit!
Call the exterminater, newbies are getting out of hand again!

Guest fraggle`

perhaps they should call it Doom65, or maybe "Final Final Doom (this time its the last, really)"

Guest Knight
CHAINSAW+DGM said:

DooM 64 is shit!
infact....are their any games for the n64 that arn't cartoons?

"DooM 64 is shit!
infact....are their any games for the n64 that arn't cartoons?"

huh? a cartoon?

"They are calling it doom 3 cause it comes after doom2..... Final doom is just an add-on, and doom64 dont count..."

doom64 is part of doom,like it or not, there is no doom bible..

Dark_Fox said:

God dammit!
Call the exterminater, newbies are getting out of hand again!

you like HOMM3?