Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Whats up with the fish?

What is up with all the fish avatars? Some of them are really cool like IMJack's BJ Blackowitz fish and Lut's ripped up fish. Does the fish avatar mean that you are a moderator or administrator or something? Im just wondering.

My fish is done, but I still need to get my postcount back up..
Aaahh Ling, please!!

darknation said:

<---------heh

Good one :)
I'm cracking up..
Dammit, my fish is holding the Dutch flag and it has a sharkfin, but I can't upload it yet.. This sucks.

My avatar is the DOOMGUY with a bandana converted into a fish. DSM made it.

Skatepunk60 said:

What is up with all the fish avatars? Some of them are really cool like IMJack's BJ Blackowitz fish and Lut's ripped up fish. Does the fish avatar mean that you are a moderator or administrator or something? Im just wondering.

The fish is a tradition based on the famous Dopefish.
Those of us who have a fish avatar made them ourselves or had someone do them fpr us and uploaded them (you need 250 posts to be able to upload avatars and you can only upload them if they're uploaded to a webpage that you link to).

dsm said:

Those of us who have a fish avatar made them ourselves or had someone do them for us

That's him talking. He made, like, 50% of these babie....fishies :)

I'm probably the only person on here who has been around for a year yet has never had a fish avatar. These were the ones I had:

Blue Cyberdemon => Cats => Retarded Danarchy Sign => Torgo => Lost Soul => Gir => another Gir => Sascha

Booya!

dsm said:

The fish is a tradition based on the famous Dopefish.

Actually, it isnt. mewse started the fish thing and a bunch of others followed until it became a cult. Dopefish is totally different.

I had the Baron gif, shared that with Crendo for a bit, then I had the PmRD gif, then we got to upload our own and I've had assorted crap, but mainly the pritchfishes, my original and now dsm's superb reproduction.

DSM's fishes are amazing. i tried to make a DSM-style devil fish and i just couldn't nail all the effects he can do. i just got so fed up i just painted everything with normal colors and no effects. except for the eyes, those have a little color effect in them.

Heh, I do believe I've had this avatar for like a year now, and I've no intentions of changing it anytime soon. Good old mrnehead.gif-without it, I wouldn't be the same.
BTW, fish avatars SUCK. HARD. :P

Little Faith said:

Just curious, but who is Gir?

Gir...and other Zim stuff. Gir is the robot. I forgot to mention I also had my 665 avatar up for a bit.

Wow DSM you made most of those fish avatars? I congratulate you my friend i must say they are good because they look like what it was i remember when Maonth had the normal Doomguy with the bandana but i can still tell its the same thing in fish form same with IMJacks. I like the Misfits skull i got now maybe when i get 250 i change it to my normal ZERO skull but the misfits kick ass and i dont really post that much so it'll be a long time before i get to 250. Thanks guys

I credit dsm with my BlazkaFishie. Before that I'd held the normal Blazkowicz ave since I joined, except for just after the forum change when I had to use the 3-eyed Cacodemon.

I like what dsm's done with Ling's Sausage-Eel.

Swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry.

Oh sorry, someone say something about fish avatars? :p