Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Guess who's a mapper on the Re-born mod ?

Much to my own surprise, I've been asked by Dylan Givens of the Re-born mod for Quake 3 (www.planetquake.com/reborn) to join their team as a mapper. I accepted, of course, so now I'm working on one of the most ambitious mods ever, bringing the gameplay of Doom to a vastly superior engine. I've seen most of the finished work and I can say this is definately something you want to keep an eye on.

What I actually meant to ask: are there any specific locations you'd like to see in the new Doom game (so I can steal them for my own maps) ?

If military base:
An underground bunker sort of setting. I want to see a lot of earthy greens and musty yellow hues (no sharp yellows though). Think of the derlict level in Duke3D Atomic and you'll know what I mean. I love levels like this.

BTW, congratulations bucko! :)

Congratulations! :)
Specific locations? Abandonend waste processing plants and strange industrial environments like the "Crusher", with moving platforms (not jump pads) and green acid pools.

Damnit, you made me think they'd got someone really cool like American McGee to help out, and then I read it and find out it's only you.

Only joking of course. Congratulations! :)

Hell I want hell you really need to make a hell level, or you could make a level like "in the void" you know level 31 in doom 64.

Hey Flatty, good job.
I'm with deady, make something crazy and abandoned-military-ish... Or you could always get off making some crazy ruined city map like map16 in Doom2..

Oh well good luck, and conflatulations... umm, yes...

S./

Nice stuff mate, congrats. I'm afraid i can't contribute with any ideas, i'm a mapper and running short of them myself :)

Any idea of how long itll be before the public get to have a looker at it?