Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amanichen

Why on mac?

I'm curious why NVidia has made the GeForce3 partnership with CrApple. I dunno about you guys, but i'm pretty damn sure that all macs are good for are photo editing.

When went out and custom built my new gaming machine ...
>Athlon 800mHz
>256 MB RAM
>GeForce 2 GTS (ordered a plain old GeForce but got a 2 instead)
>Sound Blaster Live
>Altec Lansing surround speaker system with Sub

...not for a second did it think about buying a Crapintosh. Why? PC's are king in the gaming world.

(not to offend you Mac users too much, I think windows sucks. I'm only using it because windows has the biggest commercial software base as far as PC's are concerned.)

But i digressed there...back to the point...

Why is NVidia going with macintosh? Their new PC card was supposed to make a Ge2 look like a toy. And from what i've seen, the Ge3 makes the NV20 (hope i got the name right) look like a toy. So why didn't the company release the Ge3 first on the PC. They know that the game market for PC's is much larger than on Crapintoshs. And the price $600...last time i checked CrApples were all about affordability..hm...

Guest anonymous

the Mac has some great uses, check out http://www.ibrator.com/ibrator.html

Guest fraggle`

if you "dont want to offend" apple users then you could start by not referring to them as "CrApple" and "CrApintosh" all the time. I have to say that modifying names in that way has to be the most stupid lame way of arguing something.

anonymous said:

the Mac has some great uses, check out http://www.ibrator.com/ibrator.html

Dude, calm down, have some coffee. Now, if you watched the movie, and saw that they said that the GeForce3 would be available on mac FIRST, which means that it will come out on the pc soon after, and it will work just as good on the pc as it does on mac, IF NOT BETTER.

So don't lose hope, cuz we ain't SOL yet.

Don't forget the now-defunct partnership between Apple and ATI; Apple got them first but who cares, you can actually do something with it.

Lets compare PCs, Macs, and cars.

Lets say that a PC is a regular car. Now let's pretend that the Mac is a car than can go from 0 to 60 in one and a half seconds, gets two hundred miles to the gallon of gas, but can only drive on 5% of the roads.

Simple answer.

Who cares if the Mac car gets built in DVD players right now? This just gives them time to bug-free the drivers and have a better PC launch down the road.

Guest D-clone

You can't wait 5 days?!?!?!?!?

Besides, like deady said, putting it out on the mac first will make the pc version better when it comes out, and it probably will be since they've probably done the tests for the geforce3 over 4 months ago.

And the most crucial point is:
You are not paying for a geforce3 the da it comes out, maybe a year from now, maybe not even then, because everybody will be buying geforce 2 ultras within the next year because the orice wil drop.

Guest Thray
deadnail said:

Don't forget the now-defunct partnership between Apple and ATI; Apple got them first but who cares, you can actually do something with it.

Lets compare PCs, Macs, and cars.

Lets say that a PC is a regular car. Now let's pretend that the Mac is a car than can go from 0 to 60 in one and a half seconds, gets two hundred miles to the gallon of gas, but can only drive on 5% of the roads.

Simple answer.

Who cares if the Mac car gets built in DVD players right now? This just gives them time to bug-free the drivers and have a better PC launch down the road.

And furthermore it's building Macs toward driving on more roads, so eventually you guys may feel the platform is a real choice and you can get away from Windows if you so choose. At the very least the competition will make Windows better. I never understood that insulting of Apple, when even if you don't like the platform, the competition has made PCs better as well.

I remember seeing shitty 8 bit word processors for 286's that ran in DOS and cost upwards of $500, just the program. They couldn't do anything more than Wordpad for Chrissakes.

Competition is a damn good thing. Some things get stolen, like the CD player. Some things get improved upon, like the OS. Macs did come first, so M$ has had many opportunites to Borg them.

Dyslexic Borg: Your ass will be stimulated.