Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dream Destroyer

A question...

Guest Dream Destroyer

Okay, you see my ... post below? Yah, anyway. That is some output from my Fraglog analizer. I have a small question. If I fix it up and make it better and presentable, how many people would be interested in it? Because if I get enough intrest then I'll actually release it.

Update: I've actually changed my direction with this project. Originally I was doing a simple fraglog analizer. As the server, you type in "fraglog" and it saves all frags in the format of
/killer/victum/
However, you'll notice it doesn't show how they died.
I never really took concern to that. Nobody would give me any real fraglogs, nobody used it. Whenever I ran a server, it just sucked.. So I needed to find a way to get my stats... That's when I found the LOGFILE console command (saves all messages to a file) , works with both the server and the client. So I decided to try converting those files to fraglogs so I could get my stats. After a while I got it working. It would sort through all of the talking and weapon and ammo pickup messages, and find the kill and suicide messages.
This had unrealized potential. I now knew how the player died.
I have just finished putting that part in. I no longer use fraglogs. It's all console logs baby. :)
For each player you get how many kills and deaths he/she suffered with each weapon. Then a breakdown of who was the best with which weapon at the bottom.
I'm concidering putting a filter in. Suppose you hate the BFG, and think all BFG kills are cheap. You can make it so the BFG kills never happened. This way you could remove the "BFG LLAMA" edge. Personally I'm not against the bfg, and this would be optional anyway. But hey, these are personal stats for your own usage, why not be able to see how everyone did without the bfg? I can also put in a player filter. So.. let's say... ummmm... Xenos Joins your game and fucks everyone up... You can remove him from the stats. All his kills and deaths never happened. Which is good if you want to see how well you played against none god like players. ;)

It's a good idea however I will never have a use for it until I get some high speed Internet over here.

Isn't that the same as the fragstats program that some of the csDoom servers were running? An example of it is at http://csdoom.sourceforge.net/fragstats/scores.html

Guest Dream Destroyer

No. The concept is simular. But the fragstats page is server based, where as the server has to be running it. This is client based, so anyone can get the stats for their game.

What game is it from?

And what alias do you go under (becasue I didn't see "dream destroyer" in there).

And I could probably kick your ass in any game besides doom (because doom gameplay is too fast, and no railgun).

Guest Dream Destroyer

1. Doom II. More specifically, CsDoom.

2. [EMP]-Dashiva

3. Without having played you, that is undetermined.

It's a good idea, one worry I have, there *WILL* be some llamas using the filter to remove the name of (insert good players name here) :) who handed them their ass on a plate and post stats somewhere trying to show false claims, unless, if filter is used, it states so in any stats generated

Guest Dream Destroyer

I will put that in.
[EMP]-Dashiva removed.
BFG removed.
But they can take those messages out. :(
Well, anyone who makes bogus claims like, I KICKED XENOS' ASS. Will have to prove it because millions will challenge them. :)
Besides, These stats don't show ping. I think they are mostly for personal interest. I find it interesting, and now with it showing best users of which weapon. Well, it's just cool.

Update: Actually, now that I think about it. Removing someone better than you doesn't change the fact that you are better than the other guy. And it will only show the people you don't remove, so it's not lying. :) Removing Weapons is however, but it's still cool.