Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheEternalVile

Doom3 on Mac Only?!?!?

Guest TheEternalVile

Somebody said that Doom3 is going to be on Mac only. Is this TRUE???

Yes, it's true. id has stated on numerous occasions that they are forsaking the PC market in favor of the superior Mac.

Guest LordUnum
deadnail said:

Yes, it's true. id has stated on numerous occasions that they are forsaking the PC market in favor of the superior Mac.

LOL, and just before that, they also alluded to the fact that they would have been far wealthier than even Microsoft if they had forgone everything "post-Doom", and instead invested their talents in developing more Commander Keen side-scrollers (with a Pogo-match gameplay mode, and Bloog-over-Bloog technology), screen-savers full of hopping Vorticon Ninjas and "Superhero-Bears", and official Commander Keen home pregnancy kits and pork products. ;-)

The Mac is Carmack's newest toy---about all you can say right now.

deadnail said:

Hey deadnail, what happened to your pic and e-mail adress ?

Guest bhutos

Anyone **#$*#ing RETARDED enough to think that id is going to release doom 3 MAC-ONLY should apply right now for university studies on the effects of chronic ass-masturbation on synaptically challenged monkey orphans..
ok i'll say this S-L-O-W-L-Y just to give you people SOME benefit of the doubt that maybe... just maybe... your parents shook you as kids..

MACS... 5% of the market..
PC's... 95% of the market..
iD... game developer...
develop game for money (money can be exchanged for goods and services... allows computer nerds to get hot chicks and drink beer)
ok you have a game that regardless of quality will outsell 90% of other releases...
ok now i'll ask you a question... if i walked over to you in the street,, wiped the drool from the corner of your mouths and slapped you on the side of your head to get your eyes to look in the same direction (i might have given up on MY direction.. but just so you can't see down BOTH sides of the street would be fine)
i then held out two outstretched hands... in one is a hundred dollars... in the other is almost TWO thousand.. ok i say (using sign as backup) "I'm donating one of these amounts to help people with degenerative cognitive diseases.." which amount do you take to offset your unfortunate circumstances?

Look i don't mean to be harsh, but c'mon PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD try to at least set aside a neurone for a cursorary examination of basic maths and human greed..

i don't know.. just don't believe everything you hear.. ok..i don't care if i have to be an ass-hole to get it across to you.. trust me it will help you in life..

job is just playing up their new relationship with Nvidia (gee i wonder if the GeForce 3 will be mac-only.... yeah i wonder.. will monitors be mac-only? will AIR be mac only?) they are showcasing a new product it helps both parties to release the GeForce on mac first.. They KNOW the PC market will buy them - they have years of experience and thousands of loyal followers - it HELPS nVidia to release the GeForce on macs a week or two earlier than on PC's - it's a gimmick to capture a new demographic.. it creates a huge awareness among mac users of the card.. breaks them out of their "just plug it in out of the box with whatever crap is inside" approach to computer buying (yes it's a generalisation, but its true.. mac users just don't screw with their machines buying 2nd hand chips and overclocking them to get the best performance..dumping their boxes in bar-fridges so their p2 200 mmx overclocked to 1.5 ghz doesn't spontaneously create an artificial super-intelligence that rapes their mum - they usually quit out of the program and allocate more memory to it instead :)

Likewise with iD... the Mac games market is an industry joke.. but if all it cost to capture that extra couple of percentage points to it's market share is to delay assured income a little by releasing doom3 to the mac market a few weeks before the assured sales in the PC market to capture slightly more over-all wouldn't you? i sure as hell would!

besides it only takes token gimmicky efforts such as that to placate the syphillitic beast that feeds the childish one upmanship that SOME victim-like mac users whine around.. (YES some PC users too..)

i remember the look in the eyes and apple-red glowing cheeks of one of my special friends when he gleefully told me that q3a was being released on mac first... that snarling haha "im a beaten vagrant dog that escaped the sinking hessian sack and brick and am now smiling brokenly at the little bit of misconstrued tactile sympathy that is the vet's hand searching for a vein to put me down... he's rubbing me because he's the first thing to care for me in my life.."

so how does it feel mac users, to be used in a cynical marketing ploy? like everytime else you use or watch something?... welcome to the world of niche marketing.. please stay.. don't leave your brains at the front door though.. i get sick of cleaning it..

-bhutos

(going off down to his basement hole again to stick pins in his scalp and self-flagellate again)

Lord FlatHead said:

Hey deadnail, what happened to your pic and e-mail adress ?

According to the user that's me, however, I REMEMBER FUCKING CLEARLY not saying that!

"Simultaneous release across PC, Mac, and Linux."

That's the only thing I typed. Who the fuck did that?

Whoever you are, you're a cocksucker. Fuck off.

Guest theFrogacuda

John Carmack mentioned having only ported to mac/GF3 a couple weeks prior to the demonstration.

You should know better than this. Id isn't that stupid.

Guest theFrogacuda
deadnail said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.
Carmack fucking out and out STATED that the primary platform of development was the PC.

Guest TheEternalVile

I just gotta say one thing....

MACS SUCK **** THEY ARE JUNKY AND THE ONLY REASON IMACS SOLD MORE WAS BECAUSE OF THE TRANSPARENT COLOR FAD!!!!!

(Jumps off cliff yelling) MACS SUCK MACS suck macs suck ,,, ,,, ... ...