Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAMESBOND

Who the hell is Baphomet?

Guest JAMESBOND

If you own Final DOOM, then you should have read the story. It says something about Baphomet, is he the Icon Of Sin? It's the plutonia experiment story.

Baphomet is some sort of god or demon from a medieval cult. He appeared as a develish creature with a goat head or as a giant black cat. Some people accused the Templar Knights to worship Baphomet, but it isn´t known much about that.

I don't know /who/ Baphomet is, but, in Satanic/Occultist lore the devil was generally represented as a man with a goat's head, now when the goat's head was drawn in a specific way, two horns pointing up, two ears pointing out, and the snout down it was called the baphoment, Or at least that's what I remember...
Essentially this symbol was supposed to summon the devil because basically it was his sign... ummm, most of this isn't true actually and was only thought up by the church who were busy villifying pagans and making up horrible stories about them...

An interesting tidbit of information, the Mendes Baphomet (which is the 5 pointed inverted star (pentagram) in a circle, with the baphomet ram's (devil's) head inside of it, with the nose pointing down, the two ears to either side and the horns to the two topmost points of the star. Kinda like my old posticon, and I think what jeremy's currently is, I think it's the first picture you have the option of selecting) was supposedly THE most evil/satanic image, icon that you could draw, it supposedly invoked the devil in all his terrible glory...

So in answer to your question, yes the Icon of Sin could be called a baphomet..

Wow, I rambled pointlessly for a while...

S./

Tetzlaff said:

Baphomet is some sort of god or demon from a medieval cult. He appeared as a develish creature with a goat head or as a giant black cat. Some people accused the Templar Knights to worship Baphomet, but it isn´t known much about that.

Right, Baphomet was last seen (supposedly) arount 17th century. It was in a small town, I can´t remember where, where the aristocratic had a secret hideout where they worshiped him.
The story tells that some monk, surprised by a storm, went to that house seeking for help. When he arrived, he saw a lot of guys with bloody clothes, and in the middle of the room, on a table, a big black cat. He took his crucifix out, and showed it to the cat. The cat went mad and dissapeared in the dark, throwing some candles that later burnt up the place.
Later, the people found corpses beneath the earth on that house garden. They even found the skeleton of a deformed kid who was tortured until death.
Even today the town people refuse to go to the ruins at night, claiming that they have seen many times big yellow eyes, like those from a cat lurking in the place.

Zaldron said:

Right, Baphomet was last seen (supposedly) arount 17th century. It was in a small town, I can´t remember where, where the aristocratic had a secret hideout where they worshiped him.
The story tells that some monk, surprised by a storm, went to that house seeking for help. When he arrived, he saw a lot of guys with bloody clothes, and in the middle of the room, on a table, a big black cat. He took his crucifix out, and showed it to the cat. The cat went mad and dissapeared in the dark, throwing some candles that later burnt up the place.
Later, the people found corpses beneath the earth on that house garden. They even found the skeleton of a deformed kid who was tortured until death.
Even today the town people refuse to go to the ruins at night, claiming that they have seen many times big yellow eyes, like those from a cat lurking in the place.

Baphomet was last seen in Moscow in the 1930´s :) I´m just reading a book from the russian author Bulgakow, "Der Meister und Margarita", and in this story a strange Dr. Voland (who is Satan himself) visits Moscow, and he comes with Baphomet and some other evil guys. Baphomet here looks most time like a huge black cat and sometimes like a fat man with cat-like face. They mad a performance in the varieté, where Baphomet ripped off the head of the conferencier, but because people were shocked they removed the head, but the conferencier is gone crazy after that and was brought to the asylum...very crazy story that =)

"Show me the way... TO BAPHOMET'S THRONE!!" dun dun, du-du-dun, du-du-dun, du-du-dun...

::stops listening to Samael::

Guest Lament
Tetzlaff said:

Baphomet was last seen in Moscow in the 1930´s :) I´m just reading a book from the russian author Bulgakow, "Der Meister und Margarita", and in this story a strange Dr. Voland (who is Satan himself) visits Moscow, and he comes with Baphomet and some other evil guys. Baphomet here looks most time like a huge black cat and sometimes like a fat man with cat-like face. They mad a performance in the varieté, where Baphomet ripped off the head of the conferencier, but because people were shocked they removed the head, but the conferencier is gone crazy after that and was brought to the asylum...very crazy story that =)

Pardon me,
the cat's name is Behemoth :)
Which is, btw, another kinda well-known name of the Satan.
And "The Master and Margarita" is the best book ever written.

Oooops, sorry, I really messed it up! It is indeed Behemoth and not Baphomet! Well, the similar names and the cat appeareance... Glad you like he book! :)

Lament said:

Pardon me,
the cat's name is Behemoth :)
Which is, btw, another kinda well-known name of the Satan.
And "The Master and Margarita" is the best book ever written.

I thought Master and Margarita was a Giger painting... what's the book about?

Guest Lament

Well, the book is, indeed, about Satan's visit to Moscow... But as it's a really great book, it's almost about everything. It has a lot about insanity, love, and supernatural. It even has a new version of the new testament in it. Also, it's incredibly funny :)
Believe me, when I say it's the best book ever, I know what I'm talking about... Even though I'm not dexter :) The book is flawless in any possible aspect or way you can look at it.

www.geocities.com/ad_ndsp/sbframe.htm

Here's a picture of the Baphomet. If the Baphomet represented any demon in Doom, then it would be the Icon of Sin. Because the Baphomet is an Icon of Satanism.