Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Drakon

Crapintosh??

OK, let me get this straight for all the naive newbie types around here. DOOM 3's PRIMARY PLATFORM IS THE PC. Mac and Linux versions will be released as well, and the game will probably be ported to the X-Box or an equally powerful console.

OMG... embrace yourself people, we haven´t even started...

Why in the blue fuck would iD make anything like that??

There´s no meaning to show you some proof, so please use your brain a little...

Man I hate that retard. Sure, the Mac will have the GeForce 3 first. If, by first, you mean the first to include it in a system ready to buy. Otherwise, you know - in reality, the card is just being released and will work with either system.

Doom 3 is having a simultaneous release across PC, Mac, and Linux. So instead of just focusing on 95% of the market they're going to include the 4% Mac and the 1% fringe market. Fringe being Linux. BeOS is in the fringe too, and I'd sooner have that over Linux.

Man I fucking hate the Macintosh. The processors are a joke, the OS is so damn condescending and ugly, and on top of this there's practically NO software available for the damn thing. SiN was just finally released for it.

Apparantly Jobs is trying to get AMD processors to run a Mac. If he succeeds then the Mac would ALMOST be a viable option for gaming.

What a shame you can't use the full power of the GeForce 3 without DirectX though.

Oh, and later this year the new iMacs are coming out. The latest one is covered in blue spots and is called the Lavender Dalmation or something equally stupid. What's the difference? Well, the OS is now blue and has a 'liquid' motif for the graphics. Otherwise it's the same, useless thing whereas Microsoft is really changing around Windows and making and end-user incarnation of NT with XP.

Oh yeah, with marketing and products like this it's fucking obvious why the Mac has been on it's last legs for years.

So, you want an answer?
NO decent game will be trapped to Macintosh.
Why?
No one will buy it anyway.

Zaldron said:

OMG... embrace yourself people, we haven´t even started...

Why in the blue fuck would iD make anything like that??

There´s no meaning to show you some proof, so please use your brain a little...

You stole that expression from me, didn't you ?

Actually I saw it before on books, I don´t know wtf means to americans, it´s kinda funny. You made me remind it.

This post was originally supposed to be in a different forum talking about how Doom was first coming out on macs, thats were I got the idea...

How it got on it's on topic I have no idea?:)

Guest TheEternalVile
deadnail said:

Man I fucking hate the Macintosh. The processors are a joke, the OS is so damn condescending and ugly, and on top of this there's practically NO software available for the damn thing. SiN was just fin

Guest TheEternalVile
deadnail said:

Man I hate that retard. Sure, the Mac will have the GeForce 3 first. If, by first, you mean the first to include it in a system ready to buy. Otherwise, you know - in reality, the card is just being r

IMac is so popular because it has those translucnet color shemes on the machine.