Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

YOU ARE WHRONG

DOOM64 is not a side projekt if it was why is the last boss then the mother of all demons and the space marine is gaurding the fucking gate to hell and earth that why doom64 is really doom3

you spelled wrong wrong...doom64 is a side project because id did'nt make it...midway did. the next doom will be an official id release, not a licensed release

Doom64 is a side project of the team Raster that released the game under the Midway license. They had free liberty to do anything with the storyline they wanted to, however, given the power of the N64 a simple remake of Doom 2 would've been a waste. If Doom64 did well the next one in line was going to be Final Doom 2 but, unfortunately, Doom64 didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel.

As a company with free license to do whatever the fuck they wanted Raster decided to name the last enemy the mother of all demons.

What about Final Doom? It came out before Doom64. Oh yeah, it doesn't count because it wasn't made by iD.

Neither was Doom64. Get your facts straight. It was made by Raster (Under a Midway license), the same fuckers that did the port of Quake 2 to the N64 (Which, by the way, rocks).

Even then, the latest iD game ISN'T EVEN OFFICIALLY TITLED DOOM 3 YET. It's just been referred to as 'Doom' by the creators. So until they come up with a better name we're calling it Doom 3. Why?

It's the third official Doom release.

Simple.

Guest Dark_Fox

Bwhahaaha!
We HAF a WInNer Herre!

doomsick said:

you spelled wrong wrong...doom64 is a side project because id did'nt make it...midway did. the next doom will be an official id release, not a licensed release

You spelled didn't wrong :)

Yes I am Whrong Lee the chinese hand-to-hand combat master and I'm gonna CRACK your SKULL!

fodders said:

You spelled didn't wrong :)

damn apostrophe........wait, did i spell apostophe right?

deadnail said:

For a while Midway had actually posted that a sequel to Doom 64 was on the way. It's too bad it didn't come. But, yeah, Doom and Doom2 two are the only four official episodes currently in the series. Thy Flesh Consumed was fun, but it was a side project as well as Final Doom (which was interresting but strayed too far from the Doom feel for my tastes), and Doom 64.

Guest JudgeDooM
EllipsusD said:

For a while Midway had actually posted that a sequel to Doom 64 was on the way. It's too bad it didn't come.

Wasn't it Doom 64 Absolution?

JudgeDooM said:

Wasn't it Doom 64 Absolution?

That's the one. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it.

What? I remember reading off of the Midway website on their official first spiel of Doom64 about how the followup was going to be "Final Doom 2". That's what I remember. Did they change the name of it?

I wonder how far they got into the project before it was axed due to poor sales of Doom64...?