Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doomsick

posessed marines with something to say

i think it would be good if they had the posessed marines saying stuff, sort of like Q2 only less redundant...more personal, like they recognize you. and if they say "hey taggert, remember me" i'll shoot myself...

Actually the coolest thing in Quake 2 was walking trough a secret hallway in one of the jail or lab levels and finding this marine guy trapped in a glass cage... and seeing the words 'kill me' written on the glass in blood.

Guest Dark_Fox

System Shock 2..

nuff said..

Man I almost shit my pants playing that damn game!

I'm playin' along, everything's going smoove. The zombies scream to run while they charge and I put a bullet in their heads. I see 'run' written on the wall in blood. Everything's fine.

I find a gameboy on some poor dead bastard. I'm fiddling around with it, trying out the golf game... when out of the blackness a zombie is charging at me full speed screaming at the top of his lungs.

Goddamn I'm surprised I didn't break my chair whenever it was I let go of the ceiling! Doom can't even come close to touching that scare value.

Sure, Doom has ten times the adrenaline, though...

Guest Dark_Fox

That is one of my favorite games, great replay value..
I'm going to get looked at for saying this but I believe that even HL did not met up to the setting and atmosphere that System Shock 2 did, you felt scared, sick.. horrified in that game.. Infact I did stain my pantz..

"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm; what is a thought compared to a mind.."
-TheMany

I mean, I was horrifed by the calm caring voice of the MANY, and uneasy with the hard uncaring voice of Shodan, you really don't know which of the two is the TRUE evil.. Damnit.. I'm crying..

1. System Shock 2 is a great game.
2. Half Life is a great game.
3. System Shock 2 is more fun to play.
4. Half Life looks better.
5. System Shock 2 was only a sleeper.
6. Half Life was advertised every second.

There's your answer. :(
Sucks, don't it?

SS2´s by FAR one of my favorite games. In fact, and this will make mad a lot of people... I´ll love to see DooM3 as the same kind of game´s SS1/2 and Deus Ex are. This is probably an excuse for a lot of people to insult me, but I think having that kind of involvement with your character, combined with the most scary stuff from DooM would make a great game. Oh, well, I´m sure someday ION will take over the SS license and make the third using the DooM3 engine...

Guest Dark_Fox
deadnail said:

Sucks, don't it?

SS2 could have killed HL if it had been advertised better.. I only remember seeing ONE ad, it was bout a month before it came out, all it said was "System Shock 2 - The future of RPG!"

I would be so happy if DOOM3 was like SS2, I just finsihed playing SS1, god that really sucks :(

Guest Dark_Fox
Zaldron said:

SS2´s by FAR one of my favorite games. In fact, and this will make mad a lot of people... I´ll love to see DooM3 as the same kind of game´s SS1/2 and Deus Ex are. This is probably an excuse for a lot of people to insult me, but I think having that kind of involvement with your character, combined with the most scary stuff from DooM would make a great game. Oh, well, I´m sure someday ION will take over the SS license and make the third using the DooM3 engine...

Yea, that would so rock, Doom3 FPS/RPG
*cries*
But it will never happen.. And In my mind SS2 will probaly have better, more invovled gameplay than Doom3 will ever have..

Hey let's make a deal; let's have iD make the fragfest ones and Ion Storm/Looking Glass survivors make the deep ones, 'kay?

I wouldn't want to impose this type of gameplay on the legacy of Doom. (not the source port either :)

Lord FlatHead said:

Actually the coolest thing in Quake 2 was walking trough a secret hallway in one of the jail or lab levels and finding this marine guy trapped in a glass cage... and seeing the words 'kill me' written on the glass in blood.

Yeah that was pretty happenin'... although... they ported that right over and put it out into the open in the N64 version!

Have you ever played that??? All the levels are different! You can tell how iD influenced them... but still, they're very, very different. There's a lot more secrets too, and some damn good ones at that.

The bosses are different too, and you can find the BFG10K before the first big one if you're good enough.

Oh, and there's no Makron in that one. What do you fight at the end? Two bigass tanks and two flying boss fuckers. Man, that one took me a while to figure out. Rockets... everywhere...

Guest Dark_Fox
deadnail said:

Hey let's make a deal; let's have iD make the fragfest ones and Ion Storm/Looking Glass survivors make the deep ones, 'kay?

I wouldn't want to impose this type of gameplay on the legacy of Doom. (not the source port either :)

That would make a rather intresting fist fight..

deadnail said:

Yeah that was pretty happenin'... although... they ported that right over and put it out into the open in the N64 version!

Have you ever played that??? All the levels are different! You can tell how iD influenced them... but still, they're very, very different. There's a lot more secrets too, and some damn good ones at that.

The bosses are different too, and you can find the BFG10K before the first big one if you're good enough.

Oh, and there's no Makron in that one. What do you fight at the end? Two bigass tanks and two flying boss fuckers. Man, that one took me a while to figure out. Rockets... everywhere...

I haven't played the N64 port yet though I did play the PlayStation port for the first time a few days ago. My first impression is that the graphics look like shit. It's kind of a cross between Software and OpenGL, and it runs horribly slow (maybe I'm just spoiled though, playing Q2 in 1280x960 on my GeForce2MX :).

Playstation is a really old machine so you can't expect graphics at the level of the pc!
I recall John Carmack saying that he was very impressed by the work Hammerhead did and how effectively they managed to fit all this detail in the lousy small memory of the playstation.
P.S
I finished this game a month or two ago and I must agree with Carmack!
They pushed the playstation to it's limits!

Guest Dark_Fox
deadnail said:

Boo hoo, so it's not your typical bathtime buddy fight.

hehe.. no..

deadnail said:

Sucks, don't it?

^ you made a list :)

Dima said:

Playstation is a really old machine so you can't expect graphics at the level of the pc!
I recall John Carmack saying that he was very impressed by the work Hammerhead did and how effectively they managed to fit all this detail in the lousy small memory of the playstation.
P.S
I finished this game a month or two ago and I must agree with Carmack!
They pushed the playstation to it's limits!

Yeah, no shit! I was VERY impressed! That damn machine came out over five fuckin' years ago and it ran Quake 2 smooth as hell. The graphics were jaggy... but the only non-jaggy game on the PSX is Spyro.

just wondering, The concensus here is that ss2 is awesome?, because I was wondering if I should buy it.

P.S.Is this the longest thread ever?

1) System Shock 2 is fucking incredible. The graphics aren't as good as Half-Life but the gameplay and depth are leaps and bounds above it. GET IT. :)

2) Longest thread ever? Hell no. Not by a longshot bucko.