Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Saw the MPEG

Guest PFCGray

I must say, in my opinion, the John Carmack presentation MPEG I downloaded from Gamespot RULED when the footage was shown. Just one thing though, is that as far as they're gonna go, or will it just get better? I don't see how it can get any better than that in this day and age.

Oh, and by the way............I'm back.

Guest PFCGray

What the? I don't remember changin my icon!

It will get better. As soon as they start to make official DooM3 content. What you saw there was preconcept art, according to Kevin Cloud´s interview (iD artist). The stuff you saw there´s gonna get modified or remade in the next months.
Besides, there´s still missing a lot of the engine´s content. It might not be in the renderer system, but the physics and brush manipulation might get better with time.

Guest Dark_Fox
PFCGray said:

What the? I don't remember changin my icon!

*grinz*
Hehehe
*hides the Password cracker*

The more and more I keep remembering the mpeg I saw... the worse it seems to get. I am already to the point thinking that doom3 is just going to be some fucking akward jumbo-jet game. I don't think it's actually going to be good at all really.

It's just too spazzed out to be enjoyable (when you try to make things look realistic for some reason it keeps looking less and less realistic - it needs to force you to utilize your imagination to be any good - the original doom did that well but it doesn't look like this one will).