Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Music

Guest PFCGray

I'm not one for long posts so I'm gonna make this quick and brief. Will the music for the next game be updated versions from the previous games (like some of the tracks on Hexen 2 are remakes of ones on the first Hexen), totally new tracks, or a mix of both? 2 good remixes that I think would kick ass in the game are the Jeremiah Sypult remix of "Sign of Evil" (e1m8) and the ILP remix of "At DOOM's Gate" - which I found at mp3.com. The engine will hopefully support CD music. If there are gonna be any edited levels, surely the DWANGO server won't make d/m levels like they did for DOOM 2 will they? (I have all the DWANGO wads; Dwango 5 is my fave,if any).

If this has already been asked, then ignore/disregard this post.

Guest PFCGray

BTW, just for fun, I happened to be listening to the music for Dwango 5 Map14 when I posted that last post

Im sure it will be new music. The DooM tunes won´t work quite good with newer games, even with remakes. I´m sure there will be a remake of E1M1, tought...

Guest JudgeDooM

All I can tell you is that Trent Reznor is goin to make the music for Doom III, like Masterhassan said. If he does music like he did for Quake, it will be ok (for me). But if he makes music like the one of Quake III, it will suck big time (again, it's a personal opinion, 'cos there may be guys that like QIII music). But I pray day and night that he does music exactly like the PSX version of Doom.
If only Raster was in charge of the soundtrack...

Dude, sonice mayhem did the music for quake3, just like they did for quake2, though the quake2 music rocks compared to that damn disco funk of q3.