Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

U2 (no, not the band)

If you want the PC gamer (illegal) scans here they are :

http://www.tactical-ops.net/pics/unreal2shot1.jpg

http://www.tactical-ops.net/pics/unreal2shot2.jpg

Mmmh, the game´s supposed to ship in 12 months... that´s dangerously close to D3/D3Test release date.

Looks like complete shit to me, at least compared to anything doom3 is gonna have, no competition there.

Though it looks good for an epic game.

MACVILEWHORE said:

Looks like complete shit to me, at least compared to anything doom3 is gonna have, no competition there.

Murrr. (Amen)

MACVILEWHORE said:

Though it looks good for an epic game.

Give me an L
Give me an A
Give me an M
Give me an E

What do we have? LAME!

No, really.. the game´s probably fun (altough I had very little playing Unreal sp). But what happened to Epic´s killer engine? I remember Unreal being a lot better than Quake2, but this looks like it´s over...

I, for one, am impressed. After all, look at the progress between that and the original. Very large levels. Epic has really listened to the community before so the game should be quite polished. Sure, the lighting and the texture work isn't up to snuff with iD... but fuck it man, a good game is a good game.

How often do we get those?

If nothing else, at least it'll have faster framerates. :)

deadnail said:

If nothing else, at least it'll have faster framerates. :)

Well, at least that´s something.

I really hope Epic can pull out a story this time. Everyone complains about iD´s storylines, but Unreal´s was really, really lame, in fact, it wasn´t there :

You were in a prison ship that crashed, and ended in a world full of stuff that hates you. Your mission : KILL EVERYONE because you know that after that some nice script will allow you to enter an escape ship...

That could be EASILY Quake2 storyline...

Well, at least Epic put forth some sort of semblace of a storyline into Unreal Tournament. In so-an-so year no-holds-barred fighting has been legalized in an effort to reduce violence among deep space minors. Enter the Tournament and win all the trophies.

What the FUCK is the storyline to Q3A? The best fighters in the universe go here right before they die and can spend all eternity killing each other? What? Why? How? When?

Yeah, but both are just mindless killing...

I hope MP only games never see the face of Earth again. It´s a crappy way to make money and a terrible way to affect community with more lamers, llamas and newbies.

Zaldron said:

I hope MP only games never see the face of Earth again. It´s a crappy way to make money and a terrible way to affect community with more lamers, llamas and newbies.

There are tonnes of multiplayer only games being made right now.
Most of them seem to be MMORPGS (e.g. Ultima Worlds On-line), but there are a few FPS too, namely Unreal Warfare (not Unreal 2), Team Fortress 2, and a Counterstrike rip-off that I forget the name of.

deadnail said:

Well, at least Epic put forth some sort of semblace of a storyline into Unreal Tournament. In so-an-so year no-holds-barred fighting has been legalized in an effort to reduce violence among deep space minors. Enter the Tournament and win all the trophies.

What the FUCK is the storyline to Q3A? The best fighters in the universe go here right before they die and can spend all eternity killing each other? What? Why? How? When?

Actually, there's a quite good (well, it does the trick) story for Q3A.

There's these godish creatures called the vadigar who collect great fighters after their death to fight ethernally in the arenas for their amusement.

I *think* you're supposed to gain your freedom from the arenas if you can beat xaero in the end aswell.

It's not great, but it beats the crap outa UT i think. But hey, who cares about the story while playing deathmatch anyway?

Damn, that looks reol sweet. Seems like U2 will be more of an outdoor game, altho we really don't know a lot about that yet. Q3TA has terrain, so ID has porbably learned the value of some better outdoor technology. at least there's no doubt that D3 ownz u2 in indoor rendering. U2 still looks like it uses "trick lighting". Also, no unreal game has ever had any decent weapons. The sniper rifle was kinda cool, but it felt like it was made of plastic. The flak cannon was just a shotgun\nailgun hybrid with a grenade launcher. that sawblade thingy really sucked.

Zaldron said:

Actually, it's sorta about freedom.

Zaldron said:

Give me an L
Give me an A
Give me an M
Give me an E

What do we have? LAME!

No, really.. the game´s probably fun (altough I had very little playing Unreal sp). But what happened to Epic´s killer engine? I remember Unreal being a lot better than Quake2, but this looks like it´s over...

Q3 VS UT, wich engine ownz?

Sure, U1 had a better engine than Q2, cause: ID stuffed in more polys and epic stuffed in more cheap effects.

I havent played UT all that much, but i really can't see much improvement from U1.

Guest JudgeDooM
NiGHTMARE said:

...a Counterstrike rip-off that I forget the name of.

I think it's Global Operations. It's very similar to Counter-Stike because the developers of this game (Barking Dogs) worked on the beta 5 of CS.