Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DoomJunkie666

i hope ID doesn't try too hard.

Guest DoomJunkie666

id software has never made a bad game-and i hope they don't try to make this new Doom top the original. From the video it looks like they are working mighty hard, and it looks much closer to completion than i would have ever imagined(if it is doom 3 footage). I want to see no AI, or very little, that is one thing that made the first Doom great, the guys walked right up to you, and then KA-BLAMMO---AHHHHH! I just hope all this new engine technology doesn't effect the true aspect of the game-VIOLENCE- "an action oriented sluggathon"-to quote the Doom paphlet.

P.S-Ducks suck and Doom and Ducks don't mix

Grow up.

Those days are over, well, except for Serious Sam. If that´s your plan for DooM3, then this game will dissapoint you.
Directly from id mouths we know that this game will be their greatest effort in order to archieve a deep storyline.

If id had the tech and the knowledge to make a great AI for each monster, they would had done it.

Uhh... yeah. DooM3 is going to be a new experience, right? What would be the point of just remaking DooM with nice graphics? If DooM3 still has mindless enemies id is going to have a lot of unhappy people. WTF do think to spider mastermind's huge ass brain is for? Murrr.

I´ll be a lot happier with id if they can pull out a game where it takes like 6 loads to kill a damn Imp, instead of a old-school 500 goons brain-dead shooting.

Sigh, and I thought the kamikaze survival instincts were through in video games.

1) iD hasn't made a bad game yet? Q3A.
2) Closer to completion? What, four models and a hallway? The engine isn't even completely done yet.
3) If that's all you expect from Doom then play Doom Legacy. It's already here and you don't need a $600 video card to run it.

What the hell is your problem with Q3A?! You don´t like it, but you can´t say it´s a bad game!

Watch me. You can get JUST as much fun from it as you would playing Bots in Q2... and better framerates. They should've just made the engine and marketed it since they were going to waste it anyway. Grr.

deadnail said:

Watch me. You can get JUST as much fun from it as you would playing Bots in Q2... and better framerates. They should've just made the engine and marketed it since they were going to waste it anyway. Grr.

I wouldn´t get as much fun in Q2 because the gamespeed is so damn slowly! And it wasn´t primarely made for botplay but for multiplayer against human oponents, and they did a really good job with it. Framerates? My computer is modern enough to manage it.

On it's own (ie, without an internet or network connection), Q3A is a very mediocre game. As a pure deathmatch vehicle (ie, for playing dm against real human opponents) it is second to none.

I'm on a 56k that never gets higher than 24,000 bps so indeed Q3A is a very mediocre game. I get faster paced and smoother deathmatching from zDaemon.

As for it being second to none, well, I don't really want to agree but I will say it's definitely in the top 3. Maybe if I can ever get on a LAN with it my opinion might change.

Guest Dark_Fox

GOD DAMMIT YOU SUCK!!
YOU FUCKIN LAMA!!
GODAMNIT LAMERS SUCK!

Guest Dark_Fox

I will FUCKIN shank you wilt my duck you gay little 12 year prick... You wanna be one of those sick fucks who wastes his friends in a school. I bet you don't want AI becuase you SUCK BALLS! The Imp will just stand there while you ass rape it with your shotgun? Thats not a game!! Thats gay you newb faggot..
God if you suck that much at doom, my dick ducktaped to my mouse could kick your ass..

deadnail said:

Sigh, and I thought the kamikaze survival instincts were through in video games.

2) Closer to completion? What, four models and a hallway? The engine isn't even completely done yet.
3) If that's all you expect from Doom then play Doom Legacy. It's already here and you don't need a $600 video card to run it.

Actually Q3A is one of their BEST games!

Thing is, it's not a game. It's an online fragging interface. That's it. That no effort lame little offline single player practice thingy is a complete ripoff. If you had said the Q3 *engine* is the best *engine* id had made, I would have to agree with you.

Dark_Fox said:

I will FUCKIN shank you wilt my duck you gay little 12 year prick... You wanna be one of those sick fucks who wastes his friends in a school. I bet you don't want AI becuase you SUCK BALLS! The Imp will just stand there while you ass rape it with your shotgun? Thats not a game!! Thats gay you newb faggot..
God if you suck that much at doom, my dick ducktaped to my mouse could kick your ass..

Umm, are you a women? It's just that it sounds like you're having a REALLY serious case of PMT.

No AI? So you just want a horde of enemies sitting there doing nothing, not attacking, not even moving? That would be a really fun game. NOT.

Guest Dark_Fox
NiGHTMARE said:

Umm, are you a women? It's just that it sounds like you're having a REALLY serious case of PMT.

PMT
Post Marital Terd?
Hehe
No..
Women, I don't whos corn flakes youv'e been eatin Nightmare, I'm just depressed I can't find duck, and I have to lash at the stupid people.. =)I've been here long enough, you would know If I was a woman or not, 157lbs of slighly aged 19 year old guy.. Yep.. hehe..

Guest Stan
deadnail said:

I like id and I like doom. But I've got a suspicion.

All you folks talking godamn crap like "Q3A is trash" might have gone fuckin' stupid while playing your pesky "ages-old"-Doom. I don't give a fuck if you guys like playin' your old doom games but it pisses me off that you're trying to tell me the Q3A-Engine (and Quake generally)is crap.

Keep on playin' Doom I&II and keep on talking so much shit, but i prefer to frag in Q3A while waiting for the new doom.

Thanks for your attention. :P
--------
If you find any spelling or grammar mistakes you can keep 'em.