Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyberdemon Lord

What's going on here?

I only look at these forums every Saturday and I usually see alot of interesting stuff that you guys bring up but lately I haven't seen much stuff about the DOOM 3 game that is coming out! What's up? Is it getting old already?

You can blame id for that. Impressive as the MacWorld movie was, I think we won't be seeing much screenshots or other movies in the first few months.

we can only respond to info that id has released or theorize on what they will be doing...when those items thin out, rambling ensues

I don't think that its getting old. I just think that there have been so many newbies talking about shit that doesn't have anything to do with DooM that there are 10 posts between ones that have to do with DooM. I think that the wave has finally subsided though. I am finally starting to catch up with everything and the spaces between DooM related posts is starting to get smaller.

Lord FlatHead said:

You can blame id for that. Impressive as the MacWorld movie was, I think we won't be seeing much screenshots or other movies in the first few months.

Besides, we can only write so much about a film clip. I mean, there were tons of posts about whether or not Doomguy was going to have a visor that flipped down.

Every single aspect that could possibly be in Doom3 or related to Doom3 has been discussed 10 times over. There's nothing much left to talk about except stuff that isn't Doom3 related.

This forum was basically nothing but oldschool doomers a few months back. The occaisional new kid heard about it and chimed in his two cents but the whole basic focus of the forum was to hypothesize and predict what we'd like to see.

It was a social gathering, a grand collective of thoughts and concepts on what would make Doom 3 an excellent video game from all aspects, from audio to graphics.

When the MacWorld Expo film was released we all somewhat expected a harsh influx of new blood, people that didn't understand how this forum worked in the past. Now this seems to be all behind us for the time being. The occaisional straggler might wind up here, claiming he just saw the movie and begging for further details but the population here will wane back to what it once was until iD releases more details on the game.

When the game is released this forum will either become extinct or be limited to Doom 3 talk only, leaving the general forum for classic Doom discussions.

Guest Dream Destroyer

I am your god. Please come lick me.