Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Don't Laugh Please

Guest PFCGray

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but one question thats been rollin through my mind is the question of what POV will DOOM 3 have? Is it gonna be 1st person like it should be or will it move to 3rd person?

Most people that ask that get flamed, although I would like *SUPPORT* for it, I feel the game should remain 1st person. Instead of utilizing 'floating gun' models, though, the game should have single models detailed enough.

Hehe, here we go again.
Im really sure id will place the model in the world when playing SP. If it´s going to be visible while looking at your feet, I don´t know. It´s a nice feature and I would like to see it, but there are key features yet to be implemented.
What´s the point of having dyn light for everything if EVERYTHING doesn´t include you?

Yeah, a 3D person view would be enjoyable. It should maintain the same level of customization that Q3A had

cg_thirdperson
cg_thirdpersonAngle
cg_thirdpersonDistante (?) or something like that.

As in Heretic2, there should be a key to free-move the camera with the mouse. Mmm, nice for recordings with timescale...

i think for sake of tradition alone, they'll keep it first person. personally, i loathe third person...they made the more recent duke nukem games for n64 and psx in third person, and it ruined it, i thought. maybe id will present third person as an option...we'll see

Hopefully they do it like Dark Forces 2, I liked being able to switch viewpoints when necessary. OF COURSE YOU COULDN'T PASS THE 6TH LEVEL but that's besides the point.

Lüt said:

Hopefully they do it like Dark Forces 2, I liked being able to switch viewpoints when necessary. OF COURSE YOU COULDN'T PASS THE 6TH LEVEL but that's besides the point.

that was probably the easiest part of jedi knight, you push one swicth, wait for teh door to go down, then when it starts to go up jump on it, go to the other sie real quik adn press the other switch, then jump on the other door and go up to teh ceiling. the hold you jsut jump in,

I've been wondering if Doom 3 has the players POV right where his fucking eyes are, and moves with the models movement and animation. And if the weapon is from the model of the doomguy not some floating gun.

John Carmack has stated that his whole vision and motivation for the early 3D games (Catacombs, Wolf 3D, Doom) was to take the fun gameplay of classic third-person games and making it scary and more intense by adapting a first-person view. By the way, I think a 3rd person view would be too much unlike Doom to pull of successfully.

masterhassan said:

that was probably the easiest part of jedi knight, you push one swicth, wait for teh door to go down, then when it starts to go up jump on it, go to the other sie real quik adn press the other switch, then jump on the other door and go up to teh ceiling. the hold you jsut jump in,

You can't jump in the hole. You cannot reach it. People tried for weeks.

I hope they will put in both options... I like 1st person view much more than a Alone In the Dark/Tombraider perspective. But it would be fun to have the option to change viewmodes...

Sorry, i'm just too damn evil i guess..

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH EHEEEHHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH EHEEEHHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH EHEEEHHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH EHEEEHHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH EHEEEHHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHAH HOHOHOEOEEHEHHEHHEHEHHEHHEH HAAAHAHAHHAH HAHAH LOL HEHEHAHHAH ROFL

/me chokes

Zaldron said:

Hehe, here we go again.
Im really sure id will place the model in the world when playing SP. If it´s going to be visible while looking at your feet, I don´t know. It´s a nice feature and I would like to see it, but there are key features yet to be implemented.
What´s the point of having dyn light for everything if EVERYTHING doesn´t include you?

Yeah, a 3D person view would be enjoyable. It should maintain the same level of customization that Q3A had

cg_thirdperson
cg_thirdpersonAngle
cg_thirdpersonDistante (?) or something like that.

As in Heretic2, there should be a key to free-move the camera with the mouse. Mmm, nice for recordings with timescale...

cg_ThirdPersonRange actually...

I just hope i can look down and see my legs. That's annoyed me for the whole period of freelook fps games :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!......sorry.
Think about it:IT'S DOOM, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!! WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE THE VIEWPOINT?!?!?!?!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!.....I think it's medicine time again......