Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

doom movie.. (here we go again)

A little while ago. Some dude showed up on this forum and told us that there will be a Doom-movie... There was some info about the movie in NextGen-magazine.... I never heard anything more about this. How about you people?

Guest PFCGray

If you ask me, the movie will absolutely SUCK if it's based soley on the game! Just one guy blowin away monsters for over an hour is no basis for a movie! Now, if it's based on the novel, like it SHOULD be, then I will be happy! Before you get on you little flaming streak, let me tell you WHY I got the novels: I was just lookin for somethin to read, not hopin it would be based on the game entirely! Let's face it, if it were based only on the game, the book would be, oh about 50 pages! However, I will admit starting with number 3 it got overboard and started to suck. I'll give you guys that. But still, I liked the first one the best, the way he described the setting (if you payed attention) was EXACTLY like the design of the levels in the game! OK I'm goin off track here, so I'm gonna end this post. See ya.

The problem : the novels don´t suck because they´re not like the game, they just suck, simply as that.

While it´s hundreds of times better than DooM´s 4 lines of story, that´s not a really great accolade.

Guest PFCGray
Zaldron said:

The problem : the novels don´t suck because they´re not like the game, they just suck, simply as that.

You know, when I want your opinion, I'LL BEAT IT OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Forum -> topic -> argument -> replies

Just following the rules. And if you doubt about the novel´s quality, ask our expert : NIGHTMARE...

Guest PFCGray
Zaldron said:

Just following the rules. And if you doubt about the novel´s quality, ask our expert : NIGHTMARE...

Who the f**k cares about his OPINION??????? I sure as hell don't!!!!!!!!!

I wish he could be here to show you the killer examples. Oh well, I´m wasting my time...

PFCGray said:

Who the f**k cares about his OPINION??????? I sure as hell don't!!!!!!!!!

His "opinion" is based off true evidence of what makes good writing and what doesn't. The writing itself , by all standards, is horrible. I'll let him explain fully, but whatever he says, he's right.

Guest PFCGray
Lüt said:

...but whatever he says, he's right.

WTF? Who the hell says? You and you're brainwashed friends here at DW? You gonna say that just cuz he's NIGHTMARE????? Oh my!!!!! I MUST WORSHIP NIGHTMARE, CUZ HE THINKS HE'S RIGHT ALL THE TIME WHEN IN FACT HE'S WRONG!!!!!! Goddamn, you guys are pathetic!!!!

PFCGray said:

If you ask me, the movie will absolutely SUCK if it's based soley on the game! Just one guy blowin away monsters for over an hour is no basis for a movie! Now, if it's based on the novel, like it SHOULD be, then I will be happy! Before you get on you little flaming streak, let me tell you WHY I got the novels: I was just lookin for somethin to read, not hopin it would be based on the game entirely! Let's face it, if it were based only on the game, the book would be, oh about 50 pages! However, I will admit starting with number 3 it got overboard and started to suck. I'll give you guys that. But still, I liked the first one the best, the way he described the setting (if you payed attention) was EXACTLY like the design of the levels in the game! OK I'm goin off track here, so I'm gonna end this post. See ya.

you will find as you post here that the consensus opinion of the doom novels is not good...so if people tend to want to remind you of this, you needn't get all pissed and flame everyone...chill out. i personally hope there is never a doom movie. i gave the first novel a chance and when he started finded health spheres i gave up...some games just do not translate well into other forms of media, and remember, insesant flaming over dumb shit makes you look stupid

PFCGray said:

WTF? Who the hell says? You and you're brainwashed friends here at DW? You gonna say that just cuz he's NIGHTMARE????? Oh my!!!!! I MUST WORSHIP NIGHTMARE, CUZ HE THINKS HE'S RIGHT ALL THE TIME WHEN IN FACT HE'S WRONG!!!!!! Goddamn, you guys are pathetic!!!!

So we´re pathetic? Says the man who loves the DooM Novels...

*sigh*

Besides, before you waste more bytes of the forum with retarded content, NIGHTMARE´s right NOT because is him, but because he has clear evidence that those novels are complete and utterly crap. He once made a post about this, and men, those novels are really crap, I had already forgot how much they stink.
They would be prime material for SA and OMM reviews...

Zaldron said:

NIGHTMARE´s right NOT because it is him, but because he has clear evidence that those novels are complete and utterly crap.

Thank you, that's the point I thought I was making clear above.

He has proven he has a good education and knowledge of what goes into good storytelling and what goes into bad storytelling. And literature or english teacher will tell you pretty much what he says.

Thanks for the help, Lüt. :)
I have this feeling that we´re not making progress, but anyway...

PFCGray said:

If you ask me, the movie will absolutely SUCK if it's based soley on the game! Just one guy blowin away monsters for over an hour is no basis for a movie!

if you think thats bad, i saw this one movie with this guy driving across the desert, he is being chased by the cops, he then comes to this house in the middle of no where and ther is this nude chick on a motorcycle. the guy gets something, then he drives some more, and some more, and some more after that. at the end, he crashes

PFCGray said:

the doom novels suck
yes I said that of my own free will!
GOOD BYE

Y'r right, they have to create a new storyline for the movie. It should be "based" off of doom (and not be a reflection of it).

Sorta how quake2 is y'know (they have more ppl), but with more "good guys" in it (more ppl to fight along side the main character, keep him company).

Zaldron said:

I wish he could be here to show you the killer examples. Oh well, I´m wasting my time...

Well Zaldron. I am another person who did enjoy the Doom novels.. until after Hell on Earth that is. Then they just plain don;t make any damn sense. But if you would care to show me this so called "Nightmare"'s Ahem, 'Killer examples' of just how bad they really are, I would enjoy hearing your, and his point of view. Just to be clear though. I LOVED the first Novel, the second one was pretty damn good.. but the ones beyond that just blew. This is merely my opinion, though, adn I welcome yours. Providing you see this post!