Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

Poll again.

Which kind of gameplay would you like to see in Doom 3:

· More like System shock, Half-life and Thief and such...

· More like Quake1/2, Unreal etc. ...

· Original Doom overkill...

· or something else.

Yes I'm bored...

System Shock without all the RPG-stats specific parts (but keeping object interaction and making it even more complex) combined with the lonely and menacing feel of the previous DooMs.

Throw some scripting like in HL, and the attention to details from Thief, and you´ll get a top-notch title.

Plain old shooters like DooM are, ironically, doomed by today´s standards. Quake(s) and Unreal styles are becoming rapidly boring...

Guest PFCGray

Quake style. Simple as that. NEXT!

Combine Doom control with Quake2 abilities (look up/down, etc.)

Zaldron said:

System Shock without all the RPG-stats specific parts (but keeping object interaction and making it even more complex) combined with the lonely and menacing feel of the previous DooMs.

Throw some scripting like in HL, and the attention to details from Thief, and you´ll get a top-notch title.

Plain old shooters like DooM are, ironically, doomed by today´s standards. Quake(s) and Unreal styles are becoming rapidly boring...

Well said Zaldron.

I'd like to see all the aspects he described, and a few instances of having to sneak around, and having more than one hole to jump down, or more than one ladder to climb. (Deus Ex making me realize that most of the FPSs today suck).

I think it's the very first level in Deus, where it is possible to journey through a good half of the level without firing a single shot. (or using any weapon for that matter).

I'd like to see that in doom 3, not overkill, but a bit thrown in to break up possible monotony.

Guest Dream Destroyer
Lüt said:

Combine Doom control with Quake2 abilities (look up/down, etc.)

... and you get Zdoom.

Zaldron said:

Balls to the wall action games will never go out of fashion. Quality of gameplay is what is important, not style.

Guest Hell Crusader
PFCGray said:

Quake style. Simple as that. NEXT!

Quake style

Dream Destroyer said:

... and you get Zdoom.

THAT'S IT!! THANK YOU SIR!

Hell Crusader said:

Quake style

I'd like to see more like Unreal style, with more interactivity with objects. Falling damage, explosive environs, etc.

Quake style includes falling damage and explosive environments. What´s the difference with Unreal?

Guest Dream Destroyer

I see all these "Quake style" and "Unreal style" messages,
how about Doom style?

Guest Employee 2-4601
Tetzlaff said:

Quake style includes falling damage and explosive environments. What´s the difference with Unreal?

System Shock(1) combined with the good ole' Doom.
System Shock(1) for its good story and such(SS1 is not RPG like the second(the skill point system is only in SS2 not SS1). Its a bit more like Deus Ex. Replace Augmentations with Hardwere.)

And then the normal doom stuff(hazardous enviroments and more than 1000 enemies in the whole game)

Tetzlaff said:

Sorry. I meant even more interactivity with the environment.

Guest Aradiel

Like the original Doom, with the best elements of RPG added in. Not crap like puzzle solving and stuff like that, but maybe stuff like having to get to the main computer terminal on the alien ship and de-activate it in 15 minutes, before the bombs start dropping on Earth. Stuff like that.

Doom 3 would be great if it were like that. But I think they're making a mistake with the single-player focus, they should go for Co-Op! Yup! That's right, the least popular mode of play. If iD plays their cards right, they can easily make Co-Op the best mode to play. How about some voice chat options? I personally think it would be damn cool to be shouting orders to your fireteam, as you run down the dark corridors (in beautifully rendered GeForce 3 graphics), firing blasts from your shotgun at an Imp (I'm hoping they'll put 1 and 1 together and keep the Imp in D3).

Only time will tell.

Right, this the 10,000th poll-post put here. You MUST be bored. Try playing Doom. You won't be bored.
The sort of gameplay I would like in Doom would be a combination of Thief and Doom.
Imagine it.
You're in a darkened base full of demons. You've already killed off about 50 of the things. You are low on ammo. You are in poor health, too. Suddenly you see a Cacodemon floating down the hall in your direction. You slip behind the wall you're standing in front of quickly.. The creature floats past you without seeing you because of the darkness and your resourcefulness. See where I'm coming from? It shouldn't just be "shoot, run, kill, shoot, run, kill" all the time. I think a little bit of stealth should be in order.