Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cop999

How hard could D3 be?

Guest Cop999

anyone got an idea imagine how hard could D3 be? i mean if it's very hard, if it's harder than Hell revealed and Hell revealed2, this could be a very good challenge ; or maybe some of you would think it's too hard and use cheat codes instead.

There's several deciding factors behind the challenge.

1) Enemy quantity.
2) Enemy skill.
3) Weapon power and ammunition supplies.
4) Level design and puzzle challenge.

If you have the same amount of difficultly adjustment as SoF the game should be playable for everyone.

Guest clone999

I despise anyone who uses cheat codes. They bring shame to Master Doomers like me and Zaldron,(Of course, there are many others). I think Doom3 should have NO cheats. Well, there are the DOOM newbies, but they shouldn't start off on the third DOOM before they even look at the others. D3 should also be a game challenging enough so that only people with some DOOM experience should be able to survive.

Bah! I use cheat codes all the time (I call 'em development aids). So do map makers everywhere. Doom3 will have cheats. They are indispensible for level construction.

clone999 said:

I despise anyone who uses cheat codes. They bring shame to Master Doomers like me and Zaldron,(Of course, there are many others). I think Doom3 should have NO cheats. Well, there are the DOOM newbies, but they shouldn't start off on the third DOOM before they even look at the others. D3 should also be a game challenging enough so that only people with some DOOM experience should be able to survive.

okay,i said it before im not a doom newbie.Ive been playing it since 95 and still today,so im a newbie right?
Hah.Cheats or no cheats,doom kicks ass.

I think it should be VERY hard on the toughest skill levels. Doom on nightmare is getting easy now. It was absolutley impossible back in the early days. So, i'd like some very very hard skill levels that every fps player today would concider impossible. think 5 skill levels, skill3 would be as hard as nightmare is now, then go up. Skill 1 should be about the same as doom's skill 1, skill2 something near hmp.

stphrz said:

Bah! I use cheat codes all the time (I call 'em development aids). So do map makers everywhere. Doom3 will have cheats. They are indispensible for level construction.

Yeah, and zDoom's 'infinite ammo' option is a fucking blessing for playing through those maps with 2000 enemies and no ammo placement...

clone999 said:

Me? A master Doomer? Not really...
I can´t make a 100% on everything on each level, and I really dislike Nightmare difficulty. Thanks to my horrendous ping I don´t play DooM multi that much (DooM´s not a favorite on LAN parties either).

Well, the only thing I can say is that I enjoy DooM. I put the headphones at very high volumes, so each bullet shot makes my ears cry. I play in the dark, without saving and at Ultra-Violence. If you ask me, that´s the best way to experience this game. It´s the same way I´ll play DooM3 when it hits shelves, and quite possibly this style of gameplay will make this game my best experience ever...

nightmare imp said:

okay,i said it before im not a doom newbie.Ive been playing it since 95 and still today,so im a newbie right?
Hah.Cheats or no cheats,doom kicks ass.

look in the faq. a newbie is someone who just started posting in the doomworld forum

Guest JudgeDooM
deadnail said:

Yeah, and zDoom's 'infinite ammo' option is a fucking blessing for playing through those maps with 2000 enemies and no ammo placement...

Wouldn't be cool if the ennemies who carries clip/bullet/shells fed weapons like the zombieman have a limited ammo supply? Like you. And then, when they run out of ammo, they rush at you and try to claw you just like an imp?

Donno if this subject has been brought before.

Guest Aradiel

That would be pretty damn sweet. I could just imagine it now. If anyone has played Space Hulk on the PSX, it would be somewhat like when the Genestealer charges you in close combat. Sweetness.