Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Essay On the Benefits of Keeping Ears Clean

I was wondering, do any of you regularly play the Counter-Strike mod for Half-Life, and why (not) ? Although it has taken the online gaming community by storm the past few months, I don't hear much about it here.

I stated several times that I possess desastrous pings with US servers. BUT, I frequent LAN parties, so... why I don´t play it?

Simple, because it doesn´t impress me. My friends ussualy play a whole day CS while on LAN. I play Thief2 during that time. When I first saw Counter, I imagined a game where team-play and drama were key elements. I was picturing 2 hours-long matches, proceding carefuly for hostage´s sake. Instead, what we have?

A game that can easily played by Zaldron´s technique :

1. Enter game.
2. Buy Benelli, ammo, and armor.
3. Jump outside in the next windown.
4. Kill Stuff (TM) until game ends/you die

What I hate about the game is that nobody cares about the hostages. We once dragged all the hostages to a basement in straight line, and made a human shield for us. What was the other guys reaction? SHOOT US TROUGHT THE WALLS WITH RIFLES. All the hostages died, and nobody cared. Counter-Strike my ass...

It's fun to play... But only for LAN/Internet. I hate playing counterstrike against those dumb-ass bots.. Very often they don't even know how to use ladders and doors.... They're glitchy as hell..

Guest Employee 2-4601
EllipsusD said:

I don't play on servers where clans hang out. I've come across too many with the invisible walls hack.

I dont play CS. Why?
First we have the shoot through wall things. Just makes it boring. An the hostages? How many are saved per game? Maybe 0-5.
I like FireArms more. More guns :) and a better(what i think) theme: modern warfare.

Guest tracilords
Zaldron said:

I stated several times that I possess desastrous pings with US servers. BUT, I frequent LAN parties, so... why I don´t play it?

Simple, because it doesn´t impress me. My friends ussualy play a whole day CS while on LAN. I play Thief2 during that time. When I first saw Counter, I imagined a game where team-play and drama were key elements. I was picturing 2 hours-long matches, proceding carefuly for hostage´s sake. Instead, what we have?

A game that can easily played by Zaldron´s technique :

1. Enter game.
2. Buy Benelli, ammo, and armor.
3. Jump outside in the next windown.
4. Kill Stuff (TM) until game ends/you die

What I hate about the game is that nobody cares about the hostages. We once dragged all the hostages to a basement in straight line, and made a human shield for us. What was the other guys reaction? SHOOT US TROUGHT THE WALLS WITH RIFLES. All the hostages died, and nobody cared. Counter-Strike my ass...

Well, I play a lot of Counter-strike on many servers and in every game on a hostage map we try our best to rescue the hostages. Who you play with really decides if they will care about hostages. Hostages usually matter the most towards the end of a round mostly because if 4 or more terrorists are still alive they can hear you trying to rescue the hostages and they'll just ambush you. Most of the time hostage rescues are attempted when only few terrorists are left alive.

My favorite maps are the defusal maps. Very exciting especially since you've got only 45 seconds to find the bomb, make sure you kill all terrorists guarding it and then defuse it.
I like the assassination maps too, because of the amount of teamwork on the counter-terrorist side to keep that VIP alive. Hehe I've jumped in front of the VIP to take fire a couple times to save his ass.

If you want team strategy, you can try playing on a server with Friendly Fire on, people on FF servers communicate a whole lot.

And about the shooting through walls, not all the guns shoot through walls. And it also depends on what kind of wall it is (door or solid standard wall), thickness of the wall, and the angle you shoot at it.

My favorite part about Counter-strike is that there are so many good players in the community. And there's a lot less whining than on Unreal and Quake servers hehe. In Q2 and Q3 I'd make 7 rail shots in a row and instantly be accused of cheating, God I hated that :).

I play it a lot, though I suck big time. Usually something like 20 deaths and 1 kill. :)

tracilords said:

You know the problem? My friends, in a 6v6 there´s always like 8 snipers.

My friends drag me down to Wizards of the Coast every Wednes day to play that game. Its pretty dumb because they take high-powered rifles and shoot me through walls, then laugh at me and tell me I'm a dumbass. But whenever we play Quake...I OWN them.
Anyways, I usually just use a machinegun and go at it like a mad gunner. I usually take someone down with me every time. The people who I play with have no sense of teamwork. We use hostages as shields and I always get flashbangs thrown at me as I'm sneaking ahead as an advance scout. Thanks team!
Another thing the enemy does is shoot me, as soon as they see me, in the foot, and then I can't move as I get shot up. They always hide in some f***ing spot thats nearly impossible to shoot at. Now is that strategy or being lame? For me its good ol' Team Fortress, or of course my first love, Doom.

Employee 2-4601 said:

I dont play CS. Why?
First we have the shoot through wall things. Just makes it boring. An the hostages? How many are saved per game? Maybe 0-5.
I like FireArms more. More guns :) and a better(what i think) theme: modern warfare.

I kill the hostages for fun!
COUNTER STIRKE SUCKS