Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

Scary How?

Guest Epistax

Some games are honestly scary (or jumpy). They don't simply lower the gamma to try to spook you. I hope that doom3 doesn't just lower the gamma so you can' see a wall twenty feet away; it's just extremely irritating.

Any speaking of dark.. how about a little eye adjustment. Go into a dark place from a light place, make it take a while for the eyes to adjust. IF you see a flash of light, eyes have to adjust again. Umkay?

Epistax said:

IF you see a flash of light, eyes have to adjust again. Umkay?

Good idea. It could be irritating sometimes however. Imagine yourself coming from a dark underground place and then walking to a place outside and not knowing if there are any enemies in sight because of your poor vision. Realistic, but irritating...

Guest JesusMk2

I like the dark, all they really need to add is a torch for those who wnat to see whats in front. :)

imagine walking out of the dark into lots of light...a couple seconds of adjustment...you're being attacked...firing wildly...arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

i think it's a good idea.

AvP was the only game I've ever played that was annoyingly dark. Luckily they gave you nightvision and heat detection which made up for it 100%. The only thing that sucked about that is that you could never see the enemies in great detail.

Well, a dynamic gamma correcter for the pupil readjust would be extremely irritating, it would look like if your monitor suffered from irregular voltage supply.

DooM3 will probably be a combination of shadows and shock effect to archieve fear. Shadows will be pitch black, that´s for sure not because of the designer´s idea, but because of the engine workings itself...

Guest JesusMk2
doomsick said:

imagine walking out of the dark into lots of light...a couple seconds of adjustment...you're being attacked...firing wildly...arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

i think it's a good idea.

I still think they should leave it in some places but not have so much of it. Other wise it wouldnt destribe hell.... :D