Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cop999

D3 doen't only cost you the price of the cd

Guest Cop999

Except tax, probably its graphic is heavier than Q3, will it? besides, Q3 frozes alot and some computer dont even support the graphic if it's without the graphic card. Also it possesses alot of capacity on your computer, just lets think about the things we might have to pay for :

1)Doom3 CD
2)tax
3)graphic card
4)fee of shipping
5)you might have to buy some more spaces(capacity) for your computer

2) Taxes shouldn't be that much of a concern considering that you pay them for everything you buy, don't you?

3) Yeah, well, thats the way id operates. Look at their running history. =) Looks like its finally time to move on from my Voodoo 3.

4) Shipping charges? Again, you pay those on everything you order so this doesn't make D3 special in any regard.

5) More space? The game shouldn't take more than 2 gigs of space, and even that seems like a rediculous overestimatation. My game harddrive has 4 gigs free so I'm covered.

Years ago, I had this 100 MB HD and I was like "Cool, this will never end!". Umh, yeah, right.

Then I moved to 1,2 GB and I was "Hey, NOW I have for eternity!"

After that, 4,7 GB and everything happened again.

Now I have a fucking 30 GB HD... It should be enough for everything!

(I´ll be doing "Yeah, right" in a couple of months)

deadnail said:

2) Taxes shouldn't be that much of a concern considering that you pay them for everything you buy, don't you?

3) Yeah, well, thats the way id operates. Look at their running history. =) Looks like its finally time to move on from my Voodoo 3.

4) Shipping charges? Again, you pay those on everything you order so this doesn't make D3 special in any regard.

5) More space? The game shouldn't take more than 2 gigs of space, and even that seems like a rediculous overestimatation. My game harddrive has 4 gigs free so I'm covered.

so you're clinging to the voodoo 3 too, huh?

Zaldron said:

Years ago, I had this 100 MB HD and I was like "Cool, this will never end!". Umh, yeah, right.

I have a computer that can run doom and it's editors, and that's about it.

I don't think that doom 3 should have a horribly enhanced 3D engine, with all of the complicated polygons and such.
I really enjoy annihilating 40 or 50 monsters with a plasma rifle, and I think that a complicated graphincs engine would overload with that many monsters onscreen.

Zaldron said:

ah yes, I still remember when I was "livin it up" with a 486, 4mb ram, and a 200mb hard drive(HOT DOG), and being all bummed that I needed a whopping 8mb for DOOM II.

So if memory serves, the graph for system requirements throughought the DOOM series will look something like this.

DOOM ||||
DOOM2||||||
DOOM3||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.

I wonder how big DOOM3 will be anyway. (no FMV, but plenty of raw data).