Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Weapons I would like to see

For Doom 3, they had better NOT remove the Double barreled shotgun, rocket launcer, or plasma rifle.

Those were my three favorite weapons.

I would not want to see "body part" weapons either, unless they were:

1:Cyberdemon's Rocket Launcher
2:Revenant's Missile Pack

I consider these to be parts of them.

Maybe a microwave rifle too, for cooking hellspawn nice and crispy

They may not be removed but they can always be improved upon.

Take for instance the rocket launcher. All of its dynamics and speeds have been well adjusted in the past to make it a fair weapon. The only problem is that its a little fake.

The rockets are too large and bulky to carry so many. They fly too slow to maintain altitude. Then there's the problem of the launcher never being reloaded...

Instead make it more like the M.Thrower weapon from Resident Evil 3. The rockets would be half the width of a 12oz can of pop and about as long. You could fit five to a clip. Nothing else about the weapon would need to change, this solves almost all of the aesthetic problems.

As for the side by side double barrelled farmers gun... well, its fun as hell to use but sadly we're hunting demons, not ducks. It would be more logical to have a double barrelled drum-fed combat shotgun.

Personally, I loathe 'body part' guns in FPS games. They just seem too damn cartoony and stupid to be any fun.

Maybe the Rocketlauncher also could need a coolant system, if the rate of fire is similar to the original Doom and the Quake ones (and it really should be so). It could also be used for the aesthetics, so that the weapon looks bigger and more powerful, even if the actual size of the rockets would be like that can you mention. But I have no clue how such a coolant system would work? Just theoretically :)

I think the Quake2 rocketlauncher looks as it has some kind of coolant system arround the barrel, with that... thingies at the muzzle hole etc.

I read in an Issue of PC Gamer, (The Quake 2 Issue) that it was going to have a disintegrator, a weapon that would turn enemies into piles of black ashes, and leave a cloud of inky darkness when fired. THAT would be a cool weapon for Doom 3. Not to mention a Fragmentation Grenade launcher, which would fling little projectiles everywhere upon detonation, like Descent 3's Frag Missile.

Guest d-clone

What happened to my idea of the "body part" weapon -the cyberdeamon dick?

Guest HeadLesS
Tetzlaff said:

Maybe the Rocketlauncher also could need a coolant system, if the rate of fire is similar to the original Doom and the Quake ones (and it really should be so). It could also be used for the aesthetics, so that the weapon looks bigger and more powerful, even if the actual size of the rockets would be like that can you mention. But I have no clue how such a coolant system would work? Just theoretically :)

I think the Quake2 rocketlauncher looks as it has some kind of coolant system arround the barrel, with that... thingies at the muzzle hole etc.

The RL should be the same, but have a big ass drum on the bottom for the rockets...and not huge rockets like the one's you pick up put little RPG rounds