Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

Who wants to See Phobos, and Crash in Doom3??

Personally, I think they should definitely be incorporated into the game in one way or another. Phobos is da man!

Also, they better have the classic Doom guy in the game too, and not only those ugly grunts that we saw in the tech movie that we all saw. Doom guy armor and helmet all da way!

I wouldn't like to see them. IMO they belong to Quake, not Doom. They don't really look Doomish, if you know what i mean...

Ph0b0s SuXX 4Rs3 m8, cR4sH r00lz ! Seriously though, if there are Non-Player Characters in the game, they could do worse than to include Crash, who according to the Quake3 manual used to be Doom's army instructor.

Lengis said:

Doom guy armor and helmet all da way!

Yeah, I used to think this too, though I changed my mind after I saw the video. The new marine model looks great, even if it's not a pixel-perfect replica of Quake 3's Doom model.

Maybe the classic green armor and helmet were for the 'elite' soldiers, and what we saw in the MacWorld movie was a 'grunt' soldier doing the dirty work.

Guest MikeAndTheBots
Disorder said:

I wouldn't like to see them. IMO they belong to Quake, not Doom. They don't really look Doomish, if you know what i mean...

I don't know what Carmack has said yet, but I think Crash should be in it becasue if it's pre-doom mayble it'll be Doomguy in training and according to Q3A Crash was his instructor at one point. They could also have some NPCs of other marines getting trained. The first few levels are training then you blast the crap out of demons. The begining would be a prequel kinda like he was remembering it. Then it would go to him blasting the crap out of hell's minions AGAIN. And if you really want the better doom look in Q3A DL the veteran skin off fileplanet, pretty much a darker version of the Q3 skin.

Lord FlatHead said:

Maybe the classic green armor and helmet were for the 'elite' soldiers, and what we saw in the MacWorld movie was a 'grunt' soldier doing the dirty work.

Yea, that's what I was thinking too actually. Kinda similar to the Halo movie, where we see all these stupid looking grunts running around, then the awsome elite soldier in green armor steps out.

Guest JudgeDooM

It would be a cool thing.

The Doom guy seen on the opening screen of Doom1 looks like a cheap, cartoonish B-Movie character, the marine in the tech movie looks MUCH better! I also don´t want to run arround with a big helmet all the time.
Poison green armor - why not! It could be the uniform colour of the space marines. But he should also wear some camouflage stuff in some environments. Red-orange mars camouflage would look pretty stylish! :)

Crash: If you can see her face one time and if it´s beautiful, yes.

The concept art of those guys are based on the crappy looks of DooM 1/2 marine´s outfit. I definetly don´t want to see big helmets and neon-green armors.