Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

DEATHS!

Guest Epistax

Anyone here played Fallout 1 or 2? In it, almost every single monster has four or more deaths, all from different causes. Just being hit, being hit with a single well aimed shot, being hit a lot with a machine gun, being hit a lot with a very powerful machine gun, hit with plasma, hit with laser, hit with very strong plasma (pulse).

Each had their own death sequence! You could look at a dead body and tell what gun did them in! Totally awesome. It would be great to have that same capability in doom3.

Oh also from being hit with a rocket launcher... flame thrower... sure there's more I just can't think of right now.

Guest CRiZ

Yeah, that would be really cool. I definately think that with all the other enhanced realism the same exact corpses strewn out everywhere would look lame.

I'm actually hoping that the whole death scripting will take an evolutionary step with the rest of the technology though. Like I don't want all imps killed by the shotgun to be lying dead in the same way. I hope that there will be collision and good physics for each of their appendages so they'll fall in unique ways every time.

Maybe, they could even have different weapons affect the model geometry of the monsters in their own unique way. Or maybe the location-specific damage/blood textures will look good enough as long as they also come with a bump mapping texture to match.

Damn, it'll probabaly be many years in the future before I can fire a laser bazooka at a monster and actually leave a nice blackend hole in the monster's chest or shoot him in the elbow and have his forearm just fall off. Programming this stuff would be so complicated.

Guest Corp Taggart

Kinda like the physics of Hitman: code 47. Like, if u shoot a imp and he hits a wall, i wanna see him slump down infront of the wall and die while sitting up against the wall.
Plus if u shoot an zombie in the leg with a shot gun he should have it blown off, then he should fall over backwards and clutch the wound with his hands like in Sof.