Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Hazard Course

The subject of including the 'Crash' bot from Quake 3 Arena in Doom 3 came up a few posts ago, and according to the Q3 manual Crash was Doom's drill instructor.

Now I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have some kind of Hazard Course in Doom 3 with Crash showing up as the instructor ? She could bark Full Metal Jacket-like comments at you, hand you your weapons and show you how to use them... You could be instructed to shoot cardboard demons (or holographic simulations) for target practise, and so on.

Thoughts ?

I´ll love some levels pre-conflict (if the game´s a remake of the original DooM). Kinda like Half-Life, where you get to know the enviroment before it screws.
Holographic demons? If D3´s a "DooM-revival" then that would be a GREAT irony. Moving target´s a better choice.

The bootcamp would turn out to be a mix between a first level and a tutorial. After that, you should be reassigned on Mar´s moons outposts. Even the flight up there could be a script-heavy, friendly level, where you make "friends" that would later turn into possessed freaks.

That would be cool...if the marines knew they were up against hellspawn, the holographic demon thing would work, but if not, it would just be targets of some sort. (I think the dude in the post below just said that). Anyways, wouldn't it be cool if at the end of the hazard corse, demons would bust in...oh wait! I just thought of something...after doing the hazard corse you could wind up in the game. Possible scenario:

After finishing the course, your sergeant says "I like your enthusiasm for last-minute training, but if you don't high-tail it to the takeoff point in 5, youre gonna be late!" After this you run to an area where your fellow marines are waiting and get briefed, then you get into a transport that takes you to your destination...just a thought.

Zaldron said:

I´ll love some levels pre-conflict (if the game´s a remake of the original DooM). Kinda like Half-Life, where you get to know the enviroment before it screws.
Holographic demons? If D3´s a "DooM-revival" then that would be a GREAT irony. Moving target´s a better choice.

The bootcamp would turn out to be a mix between a first level and a tutorial. After that, you should be reassigned on Mar´s moons outposts. Even the flight up there could be a script-heavy, friendly level, where you make "friends" that would later turn into possessed freaks.

That Is A Good Idea, It would add a touch of.....................
Um I do not know what it would be a tuoch of. Anyway yeah that would be very cool,

Before:
You\ Hey Bob. Bob\Hey Whatsyername.

After:
You\HEY!! BOB!!!!<Lobs grenade into bob's mouth>
Bob\Heeeey whzernaame, meee hungreeee die! <Grenade Lands>
Bob\ARRRG........booooom.

To Quote Someone else: Gibsalicious!!