Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AIRmichael

DOOM 3 ON X-BOX ONLY?!

Hey, have you guys read a article about doom 3 for the x-box only? Even doomcenter has this article somewhere. But I just cant believe it.

Why did they show off some doom 3 running on a geforce 3 then? And why should they make it for x-box only? Maybe theres been a mistake. And they mean they produce the game for 1 GAME CONSOLE only. And i am sure they are mainly concentrating on the pc version of it.

Dude, u just don't understand jokes!
Go to www.doomworld.com and see their collection of April 1 Doom related jokes and you'll that this one is there!
I never believed this shit or the beta shit anyway.

Guest JesusMk2
Lord FlatHead said:

Then why don't you delete this post ?

OK, that joke waz shit......

Speaking of X-box... a week ago I was checking some mpgs from Halo, and sometimes THE FRAMERATE WAS SLOPPY!!!!

I mean, if the pseudo-GeForce3 that powers the console can fight against crappy code (it was just the fucking wall of a corridor, and a player model), what can we expect from the PC port.

That´s my biggest problem with the X-box, it will raise a whole new slate of wanna-be developer teams who code junk just because the X-box eats 6434743 polys for breakfast.

Actually, it's been already said by Nvidia that the graphic chip in Xbox is completely new and has some unique features unavailable on the Geforce 3.
I downloaded the 181mb movie of Halo and I didn't notice any framerate sloppines...
I did notice in the beginning (when he jumps into the jeap I think) that the game just skipped this couple of frames (jerkiness in the animation I think, not something that can't be fixed).

That´s why I said pseudo-GeForce 3. In fact, it´s not the NV25, like many people said months ago.

Anyway, that unique features are probably just console stuff.

I don't think so!
doom started on the PC and most if not all doomers play the
PC vershion now - so why would ID want to lose their greatest fans?

it'll be for the PC

Ya know, an X-Box would probably be cheaper than all the upgrades you'd need to play the PC version smoothly, but even so, there's no way in hell I'd buy that stupid system.

Also, I have a hard time imagining Id selling out and becoming Microshaft's biatch.
I'd pay good money to see John Carmak giving Bill Gates the finger from across a conference table.