Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

Do you smell what Duke Nukem is cooking?!?!

Everyone loves pancakes. The Rock himself has been offered the role of Duke Nukem in the movie. He has neither accepted or declined the offer, he's considering it.

Personally I think mainstream wrestling is about as gay as hiphop or Eddie Bauer signature vehicles. However, I've seen The Rock in many things other than wrestling and I like the dude. He's got a good sense of humor and he definitely has the physique to match up to the Duke label.

Also note that Chyna from the same wrestling federation has been offered the role of the Terminatrix in Terminator 3.

Keeping this in mind, who whould you NOW consider to be the Doomguy in the Doom film??? Just curious.

Damn, who can delete deadnail's not-doom3-related posts? :-)

That guy who played the sniper in saving private ryan would make a nice doomguy.

Well dude, My site reports that The rock will indeed play in the Duke Nukem Movie as well as in the sequel to "The Mummy" "Mummy Returns" where he will play the role of king of scorpions.
More information (this time not from my source) can be found here:
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/dukenukem.html

The Rock:
http://www.xaos.ru/img/news/rock.jpg

DiSTuRBeD said:

That guy who played the sniper in saving private ryan would make a nice doomguy

WHAAAAAAT ?? Can you image Doomguy crawling trough the mud, aiming his rifle at a Cacodemon and going "Dear Lord, guide this bullet to that Demon, for I am thy servant and" **WHACK**

Yup, and it smells like another cheesy video-game-to-movie that will end up sucking to the extreme. I think the video game Duke Nukem is possibly the lamest game in history, and they want to make a MOVIE about it? For the love of God, why?

I think Bruce Willis would make a good DoomGuy, to be honest.
He's done PLENTY of action movies, and I think he looks the part.

Well... I've always thought that the doomguy looked like Bruce Willis anyways.
So, why not? Put him in there

Guest HeadLesS
Lord FlatHead said:

WHAAAAAAT ?? Can you image Doomguy crawling trough the mud, aiming his rifle at a Cacodemon and going "Dear Lord, guide this bullet to that Demon, for I am thy servant and" **WHACK**

Bruce Willis or Howie Long

Mmh, that movie´s gonna fail even heavier than Wing Commander...

It could have a chance if they adopt a +17 or +18 age...

Psyonisis said:

Well... I've always thought that the doomguy looked like Bruce Willis anyways.
So, why not? Put him in there

He's gonna have to get a lot of exercise if he's gonna fit that role.

I keep trying to find this one German dude I saw at the end of one of those stupid training shows on ESPN, I only know his first name Gunter; he'd be awesome for the Doomguy.

HeadLesS said:

Bruce Willis or Howie Long

Oh yeah, Howie Long...he would be good for the part. I dunno if he can act well though.
P.S. Howie Long is that guy from those Radio Shack commercials, and he's also on some sports show about football.

nightmare imp said:

duke nukem is the worst game in all of history.
Rock is a samoan,not white.

1) Duke Nukem is *NOT* the worst game in all of history, in fact, I like it one whole helluva lot. It's definitely in my top 3 of all time favorite games. It had something Quake didn't... oh yeah, gameplay, that's it.

2) I never said Rock is white. He calls himself a pancake. I don't give a fuck what he is, I like him. He's cool. Wrestling still sucks, though. =)

Half an hour? I played Duke Nukem like a freakass for about two years. Of course I never stopped playing Doom... I just played it about half as much.

Between Duke, Hexen and Doom2 I was hopping so damn much sometimes I messed up the -file with -map commands while I was in DOS. =)

Of course Doom is better, however, I would be on the Dukeworld forums too if the ports were this shagadelic.

dukes the man, except of course for guybrush threepwood. his pathetic and extremely carchastic attitude remidns me of me. i hope the duke movie comes out as good as the mortal kombat movie..the FIRST ONE. the second one sucked. it was like teh batman movies, tehy started out kicking the ass of almost any other movie you could compare them to. then when michael keaton left tehy jsut went downhill. tehy just got cartoony. the mortal kombat anihilation was just cheesy. it wouldve been alot better if they got teh same guy to play raiden, he rules, in the second one he was just some pansy with a bad haircut

Zaldron said:

Mmh, that movie´s gonna fail even heavier than Wing Commander...

It could have a chance if they adopt a +17 or +18 age...

oh its true.its gonna flop.
but maybe it wont,i duuno im not a fortune movie but they should make a doom movie.But hollywood has a good habbit of fucking up good things.

Guest PFCRon
deadnail said:

Personally I think mainstream wrestling is about as gay as hiphop or Eddie Bauer signature vehicles.

You know, when I want your opinion, I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!!!!!!!!

And I DO NOT want to see The Rock as the DOOM guy. He just doesn't fit the role! He'd just use his wrestling talk! LAME ASS!

danarchist said:

Oh yeah, Howie Long...he would be good for the part. I dunno if he can act well though.
P.S. Howie Long is that guy from those Radio Shack commercials, and he's also on some sports show about football.

Howie Long was in the action movie, Firestorm, but it wasn't that good of a movie, and I can't remeber how his acting was in it.

Disorder said:

Who is Howie Long?

He's that guy who's always making fun of his wife in those stupid Radio Shack commercials.

PFCRon said:

You know, when I want your opinion, I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!!!!!!!!

And I DO NOT want to see The Rock as the DOOM guy. He just doesn't fit the role! He'd just use his wrestling talk! LAME ASS!

When I want your opinion I'll read it from toiletpaper.

"And I DO NOT want to see The Rock as the DOOM guy."

That wasn't the point of my message, jackhole. Learn how to read.