Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

SOF 2 Info (non Doom 3 stuff)

SOF2 is officially being made using the Quake III engine while utilizing an upgraded version of the outstanding GHOUL technology. To make things even better, the game will utilize:

1024x1024 textures vs 64x64

Characters of 3000 polygons vs 400 polygons

Weapons of 5000 polygons vs 500 polygons

Facial expressions on the characters

More missions based on the life of John Mullins

More realistic weapons vs the microwave gun and such

GHOUL II technology vs the GHOUL original

30 pixel accurate areas of damage vs 12

From 20 death animations to 100 for 15 body types

Your mission this time will be to eliminate Russian scientists that are working on a biochemical that they want to release. His new sidekick, Taylor, will be helping him out similarly to Hawk who didn't make it through the end of the first game. I hear that Taylor is quite a woman too.

As for the enemies, they be working with higher intelligence. Using ICARUS AI originally founded in Elite Force, the enemies you face will be much smarter and harder to kill. You will see some hand signals in certain situations where silence is important. You will hear actual foreign tongues from your enemies.

Now for the bad news. I almost cried when I read this. SOF2 will not be shipping with multiplayer. You may expect to see it made available through a later patch, but you won't get to frag online when you come home with your new copy. (sniffle) I know this may break some of your hearts as it did mine. I am a mapper through and through, and when I read this, the magazine dropped from my fingers. I can only hope that the multiplayer patch comes quickly.

So, when can you expect this game to become available? The target date is set for the winter of 2001. Since the game is still in development and unforseen things could arise, a final date cannot be set at this time.

Now, if you want to read more about this or see the exclusive screen shots, I suggest you get your tails over to your magazine retailer and pick up a copy of PCGamer. Without them, we wouldn't even know this much. I give all credit for this article to their success of releasing the news first. You can also find them at www.pcgamer.com.

Screenshots of the game can be found on these links (thanks Zaldron):

www.zaldron.f2s.com/pics/faces.jpg

www.zaldron.f2s.com/pics/shot1.jpg

www.zaldron.f2s.com/pics/shot2.jpg

www.zaldron.f2s.com/pics/snow.jpg

Update!!

Brian Raffel from Raven Software posted on SOF forums the following:

Hey Guys,
It's the Quake III engine, you think there would be no multiplayer???

Brian Raffel
Raven Software

I think the post speaks for itself :)

Dima said:

1024x1024 textures vs 64x64 Characters of 3000 polygons vs 400 polygons Weapons of 5000 polygons vs 500 polygons Facial expressions on the characters More missions based on the life of John Mu

nice tech talk but also...

nice,small,grainy,blured,counterstrike clone,screen shots!

You could just say "go to www.stomped.com and check out this post about SOF 2"... You don't have to cut and paste the whole deal like you wrote it yourself.

IMO Soldier Of Fortune is one of the worst games ever.
I got fucking bored after 10 minutes when I played the game for the first time. The only cool thing about the game is the amount of gore... And it works as some sort of therapy. Blowing off legs 'n arms in games is better than doing it in real life. :)

But like I said, I got bored... I'm not looking forward to SoF2 at all......

The question is... how did you played?

The single play has it´s flaws, no doubt. And in medium/challenging difficulties it was too easy.

So I played with no saves, limited carrying capacity, max AI (patched with the GOLD version) and heavy respawning.
The game got interesting really fast. There´s a lot of suspense cause a single burst of bullets or a well-placed .44 bullet can kill you.

Well, I played it on a normal mode I think. But the thing is... I don't like this type of game... I just dislike the idea of fighting terrorists.... And the levels are boring to me.

Lord FlatHead said:

You could just say "go to www.stomped.com and check out this post about SOF 2"... You don't have to cut and paste the whole deal like you wrote it yourself.

That's what I did!

Lord FlatHead said:

What the fuck is your problem with me huh?
This is a FORUM so I can do whatever I want and whenever I want!
I won't ask you if I should do this or that so shut up!
About stealing your topic, there is NO SUCH THING as "your topic"!
I can do whatever I want with any topic I want! PERIOD!