Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

stupid ass monsters

Yah, i would like there to be atleast one or two stupid ass's in tha game. Like monsters that chase rockets into walls and and trip over other monsters and accidentally fall off ledges if you push them too hard.

Hah, that would rule, pushing over a bunch of dumbass monsters :)

I agree completely. You should be able to trick those Pink Bubblegum demons into running into walls, and the same with lost souls, but they would explode when they did.

I don't like that idea.. It's doom. There's nothing to laugh about in Doom... It's not Duke.

Hehe..clumsy monsters...I like your idea.

In Doom 3 though?

Now -- I don't totally disagree with you here:

Setting traps to lure the afforementioned "stupid ass" monsters into, would probably be more feasable. Also, that seems to fit nicely with the "make them kill each other" aspect of the game.

Like the warehouse level in Quake 2, where you can lower crates onto the two beserkers that are below and can't notice you.

Or the lava bridge that can be lowered via a triger, and watch the shotgun gards fry in the lava.

Stuff like that would make a nice touch here and there.

Submerge said:

I agree completely. You should be able to trick those Pink Bubblegum demons into running into walls, and the same with lost souls, but they would explode when they did.

Pink Bubblegum Demons!

I like that :)

Lüt said:

Hah, that would rule, pushing over a bunch of dumbass monsters :)

yeah, it would be kinda cool if running into a monster hard enough knocked them off balance(especially on high ledges).
Of course the monstre's mass would be a big factor.

I mean, if you ran up behind a Cyberdemon and tried to knock him on his face, he'd probably just reach back, scratch his ass, and go back to sleep =P

Doom is a serious game. If a monster sees you, it's gonna keep coming at you until it either rips your fucking heart out or it gets splattered all over the wall. If there are "stupid" monsters then they prolly aren't gonna be combatants, ie, they prolly don't fight. It outta be nice to push an imp off a ledge, but I don't think it'll be set-up ahead of time.

Quake2 wasn't as serious because the monsters weren't like the doom ones - not as predatory and animal like (exept for the mutants). Most of the monsters here were in a straight mindset, while ALL of the doom monsters (except for bosses which were megaevil) were insane.

Duke3d was a joke.

Speshul Eddy said:

yeah, it would be kinda cool if running into a monster hard enough knocked them off balance(especially on high ledges).
Of course the monstre's mass would be a big factor.

I mean, if you ran up behind a Cyberdemon and tried to knock him on his face, he'd probably just reach back, scratch his ass, and go back to sleep =P

The demons in doom are stupid enough to run into trapps.i want at least a monster or two to be smart enough to avoid a trap.The bull demons should be a lot stronger and take at least 3 super shotgun blasts

What if they had a secret option that allowed you to lower the enimies I.Q.

That way serious players could still get into the game, and others could have fun watching demons walking off cliffs.

Howerver, this would have to be a cheat or a secret option, otherwise lameass newbies would use it to beat the game.

Secret? Type "skill" in the Quake´s consoles and change the value to whatever you like. I have made invincible Eidolon´s on Hexen 2, as well as some "machine gun" archers... :)

Most of the monsters in DOOM were all pretty stupid by today's standards. But ya gotta remeber this game was made in '93-94, and the id guys probabaly didn't know much about "smart" enemies.
There are my personal favorite stupid monsters: the BullDog Demon and the Former Humans(all of'em!)
All of the demon in Doom have a pattern: attack away until you or they die.

Guest interrupt 00h

That is it. Erratic: monsters' movement in DOOM was largely affected by randomization. That's why they were so inpredictable.

About supermonsters: yes, definetely there should be near-undestructable demigods, even more powerfull than in DOOM (have you played "Legacy"?).

The problem is: there would be only ONE AI system for ALL monsters :(((

Guest Sekmeth

Stupid monsters are cool I guess. I just hope the game still has monsters who can creep up and surprise the crap out of ya. That's the one yhing I liked about Doom: how the monsters could just creep up and overtake ya. Then the panic sets in...