Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tonx

Intel GFX rendering DOOM III

Guest Tonx

Well? Can render it at all? i810e I mean..

And someone said that Voodoo sucks.. I have told that Voodoos have real nice colours and reflections :) ..better than Intel cards. If it's true than Intel sucs eaven more that Voodoo.. (I personaly like Voodoo cards, but..)

No it won´t. GeForce 2 Ultra or nothing, take it or leave it.

You still have 2 years to make the upgrade.
About the VooDoo´s, they´re equiped with instructions that lowers the color aberration/error rate from the result of multitexturing. Anyway, the VooDoo´s lack of Dot3 bumpmapping and Pixel/Vertex Shaders makes them useless for DooM3.

Guest JesusMk2

Hold out m8, Geforce 3! Not because its actually much better than the ultra. It just makes you sound like you have alot of money to splash around and that makes other people jellous. Nah, jj. Serously go for the Ge-force 3 if you want to meet doom3's standards. Make sure it the hercules, they seem to be the cards that are in favor. Ok now Ive said that HERE COME THE INSULTS! brace myself, eep!

Yeah, sure, GeForce3 is what you need to make this run orange smoothie. We we´re talking about "run at all", not "run with max settings anti-aliased".

Me? A lot of money? Even if I had so, a GeForce3 would cost $1000 here... :(

well it seems like the big deal with the Geforce 3 is the really powerful vertex and pixel shaders, because they do all those nifty shadows in hardware.
I'm also pretty sure a GF2 Ultra could run the game, but would end up having to do alot of the work in software, possibly handing some of it to the CPU, which will have it's hands full with main engine.
In other words, you either need a really fast CPU, or a GF3(or both =P).

Quake 3 had a few options to monkey with in terms of texture and geometric detail, and I expect that DOOM3 will have alot of options to adjust lighting detail, as well as the aformentioned.

Guest JesusMk2

Ok, I thought is was $400-$600 dollar region over the the US. MMmmm. Nope actually you can get it for $550, thats the hercules. Yeah still a large chunk of change but think about it. The Utltra is $50 dollars less anywayz. Im sure you would be able to pickup the Ge-Force 3 cheaper than $550 from some where any way. Does any body know when this cards availible to buy in the UK?

There's a review of the Geforce 3 reference board today at Avault, it scored a 3.5 out of 5... kinda interesting. As for price - "PRICE: $500 (Estimated Aftermarket)" Anyway, If I get a GF3 it'll be for the new Doom, so I'll wait until it nears release and the GF3 will be much cheaper (and the GF4 will be on the way hehe). Here's the link to that review if you're interested:

http://www.avault.com/hardware/print_review.asp?review=geforce3

Speshul Eddy said:

well it seems like the big deal with the Geforce 3 is the really powerful vertex and pixel shaders, because they do all those nifty shadows in hardware.
I'm also pretty sure a GF2 Ultra could run the game, but would end up having to do alot of the work in software, possibly handing some of it to the CPU, which will have it's hands full with main engine.
In other words, you either need a really fast CPU, or a GF3(or both =P).

Quake 3 had a few options to monkey with in terms of texture and geometric detail, and I expect that DOOM3 will have alot of options to adjust lighting detail, as well as the aformentioned.

DooM 3 should NOT have any options regarding lighting quality. The whole feeling of the game is determined by those shadows. Bumpmaps, textures and model complexity are still viable choices, tough...

JesusMk2 said:

Ok, I thought is was $400-$600 dollar region over the the US. MMmmm. Nope actually you can get it for $550, thats the hercules. Yeah still a large chunk of change but think about it. The Utltra is $50 dollars less anywayz. Im sure you would be able to pickup the Ge-Force 3 cheaper than $550 from some where any way. Does any body know when this cards availible to buy in the UK?

Most iNet places should be able to handle international shipping. Check out this quote directly from Pricewatch.com:

Vision Tek - * ETA mid to late April, Visiontek GeForce3 64M DDR AGP OEM . $ 489 Starts at $11.50 4/2/01 12:08:21 PM CST Lynn Computer Products
877-796-9976
954-726-9659 -- Edu. P.O.'s accepted only
Online Ordering FL VISONTEKGEFORCE3

Zaldron said:

DooM 3 should NOT have any options regarding lighting quality. The whole feeling of the game is determined by those shadows. Bumpmaps, textures and model complexity are still viable choices, tough...

well, I didnt mean any options that would totally alter gameplay.
what I meant was something along the lines of "hey, this would run alot faster if shell casings, items, and roaches on the floor did't need to have pixel\perfect shadows".

Of course the major stuff, like arcitecture and monsters, should always be the same.

Guest Tonx
Zaldron said:

No it won´t. GeForce 2 Ultra or nothing, take it or leave it.

You still have 2 years to make the upgrade.
About the VooDoo´s, they´re equiped with instructions that lowers the color aberration/error rate from the result of multitexturing. Anyway, the VooDoo´s lack of Dot3 bumpmapping and Pixel/Vertex Shaders makes them useless for DooM3.

But how much does this GeForce 2 Ultra cost? And I need a AGP slot again eh?