Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

why not have a nuke?

A nuke would put in evidence the lack of destructable enviroments. That´s a weapon more suited for games like Red Faction. Throwing one of those inside a locker, only to discover after the tremendous explosion that the thing´s just a little charred, well, makes the engine look so crap.

Windowpain said:

because the idea is to kill the demons without killing all of the people too.

damn are you guys fucking mind readers? i was going to put that if you where going to die, that there would be a nuke and the whole complex would blow up with you in it since you are half deada and you would still complete your mission, but that would be no room for a part 4.
Hmmm Doom89 sounds good!!

Zaldron said:

A nuke would put in evidence the lack of destructable enviroments. That´s a weapon more suited for games like Red Faction. Throwing one of those inside a locker, only to discover after the tremendous explosion that the thing´s just a little charred, well, makes the engine look so crap.

yeah, I remember playing the Turok series and wondering why those incredibly destructive looking weapons caused so little...err, destruction(heck, the enemies didn't even gib).

Of course, asking for destructible environments in an N64 game would be kind of absurd.

Guest Clone999
kain said:

damn are you guys fucking mind readers? i was going to put that if you where going to die, that there would be a nuke and the whole complex would blow up with you in it since you are half deada and you would still complete your mission, but that would be no room for a part 4.
Hmmm Doom89 sounds good!!

There's always the idea of getting aniahlated in Doom3, then ending up back in hell in Doom4. That would be sweet. Besides, the good guy doesn't always have to win. I mean, you ARE fighting an immortal.

I agree, Nukes kick ass. Turok's nuke weapons looked great but they did shitty damage, I want REAL damage! Also the BFG should be in too.

I think the BFG is effectivly a nuke in it's own right.

If you are talking about a device that blows up if yuo dont disarm it, i dont agree - flynn can run away because this is somewhere else than earth and no collateral damage is to worry about.

Guest TheEternalVile
Clone999 said:

There's always the idea of getting aniahlated in Doom3, then ending up back in hell in Doom4. That would be sweet. Besides, the good guy doesn't always have to win. I mean, you ARE fighting an immortal.

I haven't seen a decent Nuke in a game. Explosion is not good enough, no shockwave/emp, no radiation, etc.

Just Fuck it. forget what i said. forget about nukes