Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

The super shotgun for Doom3

I think the super shotgun whould have at least tre different shots.1.standard shotgun shells .2.exploding shotgun shells(great for killing bigger and meaner demons.3.bounching shells(like in turok 2 great if you know it is a cyberdemon around the corner).what do everyone think?is the standard shells good enough or what?

um... correct me if i am wrong but dont the shels actually kerry little bb's? so why would i want 200+ bb's bouncing off of walls in every direction?what if one hits you in the skull?? oops
your dead!

A shell can contain whatever the hell you want. While the back of the shell is made of a detonator sustance and powder, you can shoot anything you want : bb´s, single bullets, coins, rings, smashed potatoes, etc...

"Bouncing" projectiles are pretty dumb. However, Im all for normal, explosive and AP ammunition("armor piercing", a single projectile instead of bb´s).

But deadnail knows a ton more about this issue, so you should wait for his reply...

12 Gauge 3 Inch Magnum Shell 000 shot = 6 Lead Pellets
Standard 12 Guage 7 1/2 shot = Could be up to 50 bbs
Flechettes = High trauma rounds, like shooting nails (quicker kill)
Enforcers = Hollow pellets, safer for the home (won't go through walls)

Slugs = One bigass bullet inside (12 gauge shells are 23mm wide)
Rifled Slugs = One bigass bullet with an armor piercing point

Others....
"Dragon's Breath"
Shoots a twenty foot flame out in front of the barrel, like an instant flamethrower.
"Firefly"
Explosive shells, will pierce light armor. 10 foot blast radius, also called 'Shredders'.
"Comet"
The shotgun version of tracers.

There are also shotgun whistle slugs (can be heard over a mile away) and half slug half pellet rounds used to bust down doors.

Oh yeah, how can we forget opening up shells and filling them with salt instead of pellets? Won't kill anyone but it sure hurts like a gold plated motherfucker.

You can also fill a 20 gauge shell up with nickels and it has two results:
1) You will destroy the barrel of your shotgun, and maybe your hands while you're at it.
2) You will cut an eight inch diameter tree in half from 10 feet away.

Zaldron said:

A shell can contain whatever the hell you want. While the back of the shell is made of a detonator sustance and powder, you can shoot anything you want : bb´s, single bullets, coins, rings, smashed potatoes, etc...

"Bouncing" projectiles are pretty dumb. However, Im all for normal, explosive and AP ammunition("armor piercing", a single projectile instead of bb´s).

But deadnail knows a ton more about this issue, so you should wait for his reply...

Rings? Whay is that familiar...ah yes!. The Crow. He just loaded a bunch of rings from the pawnshop into a shotgun and hit the gas, creating sparks and well...KABOOM!

personaly i think it must have realistic weapons, i mean a double barreled shotgun with his simple shoot, it must have a simple pistol, a rasonable rocket launcher, a granade launcher, chainsaw, *that for the real weapons, for the invented weapons just have to be, the plasma rifle, the bfg (of course), and a lighting weapon, i hope all this weapons be realistic.

Here is the shotguns concept I would most enjoy. Every weapon has 2 fire modes, or 1 fire mode + multiple ammuniation. The left mouse button is fire mode 1, the right mouse button fire 2 or the usage key for putting in different ammo. It works with the two shotguns like that:

1)Double barrel shotgun:
-Automatic reload, drum magazine
-Barrels side-by-side, this is importantb for horizontal spray in crowd combat, and also side-by-side just looks much cooler than over-under ;)
- 1 fire mode; fire button 2 opens a small pop-up menue (a la Half Life)with the different ammuniations, use button 2 to browse trough and fire 1 to choose the new ammo, then continue shooting with fire 1
-Ammo: Standart 12 Gauge shells (in reference to deadnail´s list),explosive shells and shrapnell shells.
With the shrapnell shells the double shotgun works like the Unreal´s Flak, perfect for close range mass fighting. The barrels will deal with the shrapnell explosions, because they are heavy enough, it´s in the future and don´t forget, it´s a GAME and not a realistic weapon simulator.

2) Single barreled shotgun:
-Pump action reload
-2 fire modes, the first shoots standart shells like the db shotgun, but with higher accuracy, the second fire mode launches a small instant hit grenade, from an attached grenade launcher.
The advantages of the single barrel shotgun are:
-It doesn´t wastes ammo
-higher accuracy than the db shotgun, so it´s also usefull in mid range and even in long range combat
-the grenade launcher is very usefull for combi attacks (but there will be also another grenade launcher as a seperate weapon, with different kinds of grenades).

So the two shotguns are different to each other, but both pretty usefull, that´s the way to go.