Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
stphrz

Some bad news.

Reborn, it seems is dead. id has threatened legal action if the team uses those awesome models we've been spooging over. I just finished reading about it on the site's forum.

http://www.planetquake.com/reborn/board/topic.asp?topic_id=43990&forum_id=1969&Topic_Title=I+just+want+to+say+this%3A&forum_title=General&M=0&S=True

Well, I saw this one comming. The mod could be easily misinterpreted as a cheap way of gaining fame by exploting the inminent´s GBA DooM and, of course, DooM 3.

Of course, I don´t think like that. I would love to see this one coming out, just like the Duke3D mod that George Broussard cancelled...

Let´s see if Flathead can give us some exclusive info, like the actual mail from iD...

It is obvious from the very high quality of their work, the team was doing this out of love for the games, not cheap exploitation. I do understand id's postition. It's just a damned shame.

Sad, really sad. I mean, they were fooling around with their ideas and concepts, but then again, it´s their efforts & sweat...

I hope they can distort the models enough to surpass this legal issue...

Zaldron said:

I hope they can distort the models enough to surpass this legal issue...

They shouldn't have to. We've got all these models for JDoom and ZDoomGL already, totally based off id's originals. They are MD2 and (I think, not sure) can be loaded into any other game supporting MD2s. Maybe they have to change their levels some, but no reason they can't release their models individually, aside from the main project.

Is that the awesome project with the kick-ass models that someone posted pics for about a month back? If so, then this sucks. Hmmm...maybe Id does go through th forums...it probably takes about a month for them to respod to anything, let along begin any legal action. Maybe they saw the pics. Naw.

Zaldron said:

Well, I saw this one comming. The mod could be easily misinterpreted as a cheap way of gaining fame by exploting the inminent´s GBA DooM and, of course, DooM 3.

Of course, I don´t think like that. I would love to see this one coming out, just like the Duke3D mod that George Broussard cancelled...

Let´s see if Flathead can give us some exclusive info, like the actual mail from iD...

Hmm, that's funny, I was actually involved in that Duke mod too... Am I bad luck ?

Guest Tonx

mhh.. I didn't understand why id steped into this!? MOD is great ofcourse but..