Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

spud guns, spudzookas

ok i have some abs pipe and some pvc pipe that i want to connect.the chamber of the spud gun is abs and the 3" to 2" reducer is pvc and the barrel is pvc and everyone tells me that pvc is not for abs and vise versa. so what glue should i use if i cant use pvc or abs glue?

Well Klebold why don't you go ask your dad?

This is the Doom 3 forum, not the "Hey I want to blow my stupid ass up!" forum.

Um, I'm only saying this 'cause I actually care. Ok?

Don't be a fucking idiot. You obviously don't have a goddamned clue what you are doing. You are not only risking your own safety, but the safety of anyone else (willing or unwilling) who happens to be in close proximity to your little project. Toss that junk in the trash and forget you ever saw it.

Just buy one of those little potato-pistol things that you can find in all sorts of strange places. Mine came form Hot Topic.

Guest c-d-w

NEVER MIX ABS AND PVC!!!!!!!
Also, PVC is brittle and weak!
Buy the expensive black stuff (ABS), and obviously use ABS glue.
The more attention to detail, the better and safer it will be.

I built an ass-kicking spud gun about 3 years ago. It looked like a friggin LAW rocket launcher (on crack). It only worked 50/50, but when it did.. POW! Mashed potato rain for 3 minutes!

I went nuts on the tubing, so it actually looked like a Big Fucking Gun. I used a barbecue lighter as the trigger. If I remember correctly, it was about 6 feet long.

Maybe I should buy some more propane and take it out of retirement.

Of course you should probably build yours using CO2 or compressed air. Internal Combustion + Plastic = dangerous.

Stphrz said:

Don't be a fucking idiot. You obviously don't have a goddamned clue what you are doing. You are not only risking your own safety, but the safety of anyone else (willing or unwilling) who happens to be in close proximity to your little project. Toss that junk in the trash and forget you ever saw it.

You're a hero!

Actually, listen to Stphrz, he's right. Playing around with stuff you don't know anything about is most likely to go wrong.

deadnail said:

Well Klebold why don't you go ask your dad?

This is the Doom 3 forum, not the "Hey I want to blow my stupid ass up!" forum.

oh god not this again...

i was just asking and who cares? i am not going to be holding that piece of shit!! and besides, i was just asking if there is another glue alternative!! i wont blow myself up. they dont blow up. Hair spray isnt that powerfull enough to blow up 1000psi abs tubing.

oh and Stphrz i am a pyro maniack. i am just asking what type of glue to use. but abs is soo damn expensive and i dont know if they have an abs 2" to 3" reducer and and end cap or whatever you call it.

Stphrz said:

Don't say that because you remember what happened when you were a kid and people told you not to do things? You did them anyway and with twice the carelessness as you would ahve done them on your own.

You might as well point him in the best direction so he can "get a clue" to what he's doing.

Guest Employee 2-4601
kain said:

oh and Stphrz i am a pyro maniack. i am just asking what type of glue to use. but abs is soo damn expensive and i dont know if they have an abs 2" to 3" reducer and and end cap or whatever you call it.

I just wanted to ask one thing: what in gods name is a spud gun?

Wtf? go to www.spudgun.com or to make it simple, what is a spud? a potato. and what is a gun? so put it togeather! its a potato cannon that works on just some hair spray( not allot)