Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

doom 3rd person

i wouldnt mind playing doom in third person. ownly if they get it right. like the people in interplay did with mdk1 and 2

Yeah as long as it's just an option I have no problem with thirdperson.

It would be okay as long as you don't get shitty views like on Resident Evil or Rune where you can't see the enemy in front of you.

just about every fps I can think of has an option (console or otherwise) to use third person view. Unfortunately, it usually gets rid of the crosshair and fills the entire view with the character model, so you cant aim, or even see worth shit.

I think the only fps where I actually enjoyed third person was Jedi Knight, for lightsaber duals.

That was one of the best, most lag free games ive ever played online.

I would have everything against it.

Less feeling of actually being there.
More confusion
Crappy cam angle

Espi said:

Yeah as long as it's just an option I have no problem with thirdperson.

If it's an option, i wouldn't mind it. But then again, i wouldn't use it! :|

Speshul Eddy said:

just about every fps I can think of has an option (console or otherwise) to use third person view. Unfortunately, it usually gets rid of the crosshair and fills the entire view with the character model, so you cant aim, or even see worth shit.

I think the only fps where I actually enjoyed third person was Jedi Knight, for lightsaber duals.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

Shaviro said:

If it's an option, i wouldn't mind it. But then again, i wouldn't use it! :|

Hmm....I'm not really into third person....but MDK was great...

It wouldn't be the same feeling. It would be much more difficult to aim at the grunts and monsters too, especially when you're in an area filled with them.

But if it is an option than that would be fine.

Speshul Eddy said:

Play Alice sometime. It's 3rd person and aiming if fairly easy, as is control. It just depends how 3rd person is implememnted.

Shaviro said:

I would have everything against it.

Less feeling of actually being there.
More confusion
Crappy cam angle

I second that. Doom is THE shooter, and shooter means 1st person shooter and not 3rd person action adventure.

Xenoman said:

It wouldn't be the same feeling. It would be much more difficult to aim at the grunts and monsters too, especially when you're in an area filled with them.

But if it is an option than that would be fine.

First person = Id :)

Disallowable.

It makes it hard to aim because you dont know how far down or up you are aiming.

It looks like crap (gives me that yukki arcade feeling).

It allows you to see areas beyond the normal field of view, ie, like direclty behind you and to your flanks.