Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xenoman

A final boss

I want to meet the demon that started it all from the beginning, in doom1 we met the cyberdemon and the spider mastermind which WERE bosses but then seemed to be purely simple (not very) enemies in doom2.

Shouldn't there be a more powerful force behind all this? If so I want to confront him at the end of D3.

The boss outgha be a direct underling to the big immortal evil force (to put that in a pseudo-religous manner that fits Doom).

When you get to him he should run, amazed that you were able to take down his best soldiers... while he runs more cyberdemons jump out at you (maybe even in a factory assembling them). He fights when cornered...

Yes but D3 just might take place before the "UAC" started having problems with the dimensional portals at Phobos base.

Ex: You begin at Phobos base. Scientists (I assume) are starting to have complications with the dimensional portal. This is where you should see your buddies (marines) go into battle with the daemons.

It should be a sequence with different camera angles seing your buddies call orders, bones cracking (you know the rest of it). After this you see lots of bodies, most of them are the marines, a couple are demons. You see a pistol, grab it and head out for the action.

Just a suggestion.

final bosses, although mandatory, don't really make sense. In doom, the meer fact that a single marine is able to take out hell is insane, so I reckon that in the second last level, having just demolished a cyberdaemon mk.2, you uncover a rune that turns the wearer into a demi-god of sorts. With your new found power it now makes sense that you can go on to the final level and kick some ass! Oh and no doom64 style final bosses, that thing was a piece of shit.

Oh, yeah! The final boss, in my opinion, should evolve and change tactics as the fight progresses, realising that it has to use more of its daemonic energy to crush you. Also, to defeat it, you have to destroy it by trapping it or something, using the environment, since firing hundreds of rounds into it is-unrealistic (it's a god or something) plus not very strategically demanding.

I'd like that too, you have to require some strategy to defeat the more difficult enemies and all that.

It would be challenging if D3 had more difficult traps, like if you walk into a room, the ceiling with spikes starts falling towards the floor and you'll have to shoot some piece of brick (exampel) that controls the roof that would stop the ceiling.

It would be fun also to lure the demons into the traps too.

i still think satan should be the final boss, but then killing satan is just a tad bit unrealistic. its like "your unbelievable strength and mindnumbing ability to do virtually anything is no match for my double barreleed shotgun."

I have always found that a combination of logistics and species that compliment each other have been the worst enemy you can possibly face in a FPS game. Although it doesn't make for a very spectacular end.

Guest Oberiko
Xenoman said:

Yes but D3 just might take place before the "UAC" started having problems with the dimensional portals at Phobos base.

Ex: You begin at Phobos base. Scientists (I assume) are starting to have complications with the dimensional portal. This is where you should see your buddies (marines) go into battle with the daemons.

It should be a sequence with different camera angles seing your buddies call orders, bones cracking (you know the rest of it). After this you see lots of bodies, most of them are the marines, a couple are demons. You see a pistol, grab it and head out for the action.

Just a suggestion.

Doom II had a pretty good last boss, that Spawnanator thing. What if it was that thing again, but it was able to burst free of its restraints, causing you to take on 70+ ft master demon?

You're only hope is get the new BFG XXXX (what ever model they use) and sink a shot right into that exposed brain.

The powerful force doesn't necesarily have to be the Devil Himself, it can be some sort of demon that twice as powerful as the CD or the SM.
It couldn't be the Icon of Sin, since you killed that thing in Doom2.....

The purpose of the final boss is to put a sence of absolution to a story. In theory, by beating the boss, you stop the minions. Logically, if one falls, another rises, so bosses are usefull, but final bosses are... well, nearly imposible to do effectively.
The invasion in Doom was created by some unseen demon. In order for this master demon to hold control over all other demons, it must be substancially stronger than any other group of minions that would ever try to overthrow it. It is seemingly unbelievable that one marine could kill thousands of demons where other marines couldn't even kill one. How believable would it be for this marine to take on a master demon that could take on thousands of demons at one time? The boss would be too easy, and it wouldn't make sense.
If the maser demon was weaker, then another demon would rise after it's death, and there would be room for a sequel (and the game would seem incomplete without one.
Essentially the hole Doom dug itself into was makeing the enemies Hell-spawn, adding the half-hearted religious connection. If Satan were the final boss, there would have to be some kind of 'divine intervention' in order for you to destroy the source of evil. I'm not even going to get into how bad that would be for the game. For this reason, it almost seems better to redo the original Doom in a new way. But I'm sure that hardcore fans wouldn't approve.
Anyway, the boss will suck. That's all there is to it. Bosses almost always suck, but that's also because we expect too much from them. Just get used to the idea that the boss won't be good, and when you get to it you may be pleasantly surprised with a decent boss instead.

Oberiko said:

Doom II had a pretty good last boss, that Spawnanator thing. What if it was that thing again, but it was able to burst free of its restraints, causing you to take on 70+ ft master demon?

You're only hope is get the new BFG XXXX (what ever model they use) and sink a shot right into that exposed brain.

Nah, we killed the Icon of Sin in Doom2 why should the thing appear again? If we must defeat Hell itself in D3 what are we going to face exept tons of demons and the zombies?

It seems that in the D3 movie it takes place in a facility of some sort.

Any suggestions how the end of D3 should be like?

Guest Oberiko

If it's a prequel, then it should end with the hero being slaughtered as he seeks shelter when the marines arrive (the original security forces sent in Doom).

If it's a sequel then the hero should line up and shoot the scientists who opened the damn portal again.