Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xenoman

Secret Levels

What about the secret levels? Should they come along?

In doom1, they had the terrible level "Military Base" and the one in Inferno (can't remember the name).

I don't think it's necessary to have them in D3, do you??

I want secret levels, they add a certain "depth" to the game. And it can be a reason to play the whole game once again just after you finished it, when someone told you about a secret level you haven´t discovered by yourself =) That´s always a cool experience, don´t you think?
It should have many secret levels, and behind the secret levels some super secret levels, with dopefishs inside and sexy ladies in Commander Keen outfits :D

Davidoom said:

Yeah sure....there is nothing better then a little discovery :)
I agree Military Base...ew.

Well.....perhaps, I did like Wolfenstein in doom2.

Guest PFCRon
Xenoman said:

and the one in Inferno (can't remember the name).

Warrens.

Also "Fortress of Mystery" in The Shores of Hell and "Fear" in Thy Flesh Consumed.

When I played through doom for the first time, it was more of a thrill to actually FIND the damn thing [secret level], rather than play through it.

Hope that id makes any the secret level(s) actually related to the game. Perfect Dark's (for the--yes i know--N64) secret levels were actually in parallel with the game. You actually played through the events that in the normal course of the single player game, you would only heard about.

PFCRon said:

Warrens.

Also "Fortress of Mystery" in The Shores of Hell and "Fear" in Thy Flesh Consumed.

And btw, Warrens is an tight level, anybody who talks shite about it will get eaten by a Yeti.

Guest Oberiko
Xenoman said:

Well.....perhaps, I did like Wolfenstein in doom2.

What if they did the aforemention "Perfect Dark" thing?

Play as a demon and attack the initial resistance (It will explain what happened to most of the other security forces, since I know that Doom III isn't going to have you command a large army)

Secret levels would be cool...another wolfenstein-based one would be cool, and if they wanted to be really oldskool, they could do a remake of Wolfenstein's Level10, Episode3 (packman remake, for you lamers).

Secret levels aren't neccesary though. Half-Life had none (that I could find), but it was still a hella cool game.