Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Demon idea

Has anybody ever seen the movie End Of Days? Well, this monster idea really has nothing to do with that particular movie, but it does have to do with how they portrayed Satan as a clear blob of sorts, with no definite volume or shape.
My idea is this: why not have a monster like that? With no real form or shape, that could inhabit dead demons' bodies? Or it could hide in dark shady places, or, since it's clear, it could be right in front of your eyes without you knowing it. Imagine the fear factor involved in hunting of these things down: the lights keep flashing on and off, and you don't hear a thing. Silence. You feel a cool breeze slip by you where there should be no breeze whatsoever. You turn suddenly, and you come face-to-face with said creature. You try blasing it with your shotgun, only to realize that the shells go right through its body. Only energy-related weapons would have any sort of effect on it.
How does this sound?

DooMBoy said:

You feel a cool breeze slip by you where there should be no breeze whatsoever.

How the hell are they gonna do that with a computer???

Apart from this, I think your idea is pretty cool.
It's very scary when you know there is an enemy around you but you can't see it... But, they already had Spectres in DooM.. So that's the only reason I wouldn't put those creatures into the game...

Guest Oberiko

That's not bad, but I'd change it a little. Have it as a transulcent pile of goo that can stretch across narrow openings (it can be seen due to it's slight shimer, but it's not easy) and have it ensare you.

The possession idea is good, but that would kind of horn in on the Arch-Viles turf.

I meant to put that in the original post of my idea, but I guess I forgot about it.
Oh yeah, and the fact that it can slide through cracks and crevices, meaning that it can literally just appear seemingly out of nowhere. Plus the fact that it can do no physical harm to you, but screw around with your head and make you see hallucinations and imaginary demons that are not there.

Guest Oberiko

I don't think I'd give it any funky mind powers.

If it could blur and distort your vision, while at the same time both slowing and sufficating you (slowly draining health as it attempts to digest you), it'd be a nasty creature to stumble into during a firefight.

Unless, of course, the Doom armours contain some kind of oxygen tank for swimming.

I never saw it, but I am assuming that it looks like a person - but like they're made out of water or something. Sorta has that etherreal basic elements horror factor to it.

It's a perfect opportunity to make a monster that is invunerable to mundane damage (like bullets, shotguns, and chainsaws, but not rockets or energy weapons).

I also want him to throw some kind of really powerful fireball-like projectile and have *enormous* claws.

But it's still no excuse to make an anti-demon only weapon.

Davidoom said:

heh yeah and hard to shoot...assholes

And always in your face when they die.... BOOM!