Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Necromancer

Apocalyptica!

I know we have killed the music topic, but I have to add something that nobody even paid attention to in another music post by the-widow-maker.

Apocalyptica should be in on the music somewhat, even if it is a complementary addition. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Apocalyptica is an instrumental group with cellos and drums. They add distortion so it sounds almost like a guitar. For those of you who have heard it, you know what I'm talking about. Two words describe Apocalyptica: fucking awesome!

Soooooooooooooooo . . . what do you think?

----------------

I simply love what Apocalyptica did with Metallica's songs. I guess it would be kinda fitting for Doom 3, as really dramatic music in the Hellish regions near the end of the game.

Lord FlatHead said:

I simply love what Apocalyptica did with Metallica's songs

So am I. It´s incredible how they fully translated the songs into cellos. And that´s not easy, considering the vast differences between cellos and drums, guitars and bass.

Those songs make me think of some bizarre "green marble" fortress on Hell, with flowing lava as the only source of light.

metallicas my favorite band, but i havent heard apocalyptica, i really want to, i just cant find a site where i can dl the songs, and napster stopped working for me. i cant find their cds anywhere either.

What´s the problem with Napster? Mine works fine, and I can find tons of Apocalyptica songs...

Anyway, why don´t you give some money to Ling, and click on one of those "UGO alternatives to Napster" banner ads?

AGAIN, YOU CAN DISCUSS THIS BY SENDING CONTEST ENTRIES TO ME FOR THE TEAM INSANITY DOOM3 MUSIC CONTEST AT WWW.DOOMWORLD.COM/INSANITY UNDER THE MARCH 04 NEWS UPDATE THANK YOU.

Nothing like a band that takes great metal songs and plays them with four cellos. I'll admit that they sound great but their original work is somewhat lacking.

Zaldron said:

What´s the problem with Napster? Mine works fine, and I can find tons of Apocalyptica songs...

Anyway, why don´t you give some money to Ling, and click on one of those "UGO alternatives to Napster" banner ads?

all my friends works fine too. its just mine...i tried reinstalling it, trying a different version. trying the older oens that worked. it wrked for a few days after i updated, then it just doesnt connect. any help?

Guest Tonx

Yeah.. Apocalyptica is the one! I haven't heard it much, but I think that Apocalyptica f*cking rule! And just imagine how it sounds with DOOM (III) :D aaaaaahhhhhhhhh..... =D

Lüt said:

AGAIN, YOU CAN DISCUSS THIS BY SENDING CONTEST ENTRIES TO ME FOR THE TEAM INSANITY DOOM3 MUSIC CONTEST AT WWW.DOOMWORLD.COM/INSANITY UNDER THE MARCH 04 NEWS UPDATE THANK YOU.

I forget... did I ever send my entry to that contest in? hehe