Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Are the graphics "too" good?

In some wierd sick morbid way, I was hoping the graphics would be kinda... retro. I dont know... its why I like Doom, it was colorfull and a bit cartoonish. The new Doom looks.. F*$^% REAL!! But imagine f perhaps the New Doom ran on.. say an updated Doom engine, or QuakeII engine, it would still have the cartoonishness, and imagine how much more shit you can cram into an engine so shitty! Well, thats just me, lol.

One good thing about the graphics so good.. we wont need Doom the movie, lol.

Why? With iD being the leaders in graphics engines and ultra high tech engines, there was NO possibility that it was going to look retro, However with the graphics as they are I can Imagine a really creepy suspenseful S**t your pants when you hear a noise type of game, kinda like Half-Life & System Shock 2.

So that is good.

As for your last comment that we won't need the movie coz of the graphics........

<\Celebrates, Parties, Dances, Launches fireworks/>

<\Yells: YAHOOOOOOO! No DOOM MOVIE!!! Yes!/>

Doom was colourfull? It had lot of green and gray colours, not really colourfull. Some of the monsters looked cartoonish (arachnotrons, lost souls, mancubus). The monster seen in the Geforce3 movie also looks a bit cartoonish, it reminds me to that alien warrior race from "The 5th Element", but I don´t really like cartoonish stuff in Doom. I´m really happy with the way iD is going with the look of the marine, and I hope the design of the monsters will change to a more scary, demon-like look.

They're fine the way they are, but you're right about it needing much more color like the original Doom had. I'm sure they will not use an engine so powerful with only shades of black and blue.

I want more graphics, when do I want them now.
Wait, I need to upgrade my computer....it doesn't even run NASCAR Racing 3 properly.

Guest Epistax

in my opinion if you can't draw a picture in paint and directly implant it into the game, the game is not worthy of the name doom.