Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Getting shot...

When you get shot or flamed (no, not like that :]) in doom3, I'd like to see the screen shake around. Also, vision should be blurred for a couple of seconds.
Another idea for getting shot > Imagine you got hit by a bullet, it would be great if doom3 would be the first game where you actually fall to the ground en get up again automatically after a second or so... All the above shouldn't be to difficult to make, right???

Yeah. Or a black flash appears who would mean that you're closing you're eyes when you get hit. Like in Soldier of Fortune.

Speaking of fast reply's. :)
Yeah, that too would be pretty cool.
I just can't understand why no gamedesigner has come up with this idea already. Or is this hard to make? Well answer me goddammit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

not a bad idea, i guess it just depends on how much realism you want in the new doom. imo, i'd rather sacrifice the realism stuff and let id spend their time working on some cooler stuff :)

Disorder said:

I just can't understand why no gamedesigner has come up with this idea already. Or is this hard to make? Well answer me goddammit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Sorry I was playin Quake 3 =).
Yeah, I don't understand too why they didn't come up with this idea before SoF.

An automatically blurred vision would become very annoying, believe me!
Maybe the falling down to the ground could work, interesting idea.

Disorder said:

Undying had a shaking screen when you got hit. All it did was assure that if you were it once, you would be hit twice because of the disorientation.

Mmh, Baron fists, shotgun blasts and nearby explosions should all make you fall to the ground. That´s a very interesting idea.
Would be nice to see what happens if you´re in a stair or inclined terrain.

You should even see the sparks after each bullet/pellet impacts in your armor. Flesh hits would make you blink, no doubt. Blurred vision could be annoying all the time, but it would be cool for underwater and proximity to high temperature sources.

An explosion should make you deaf for a couple of seconds, kinda like in the last sequence of Saving Private Ryan. Firing a chaingun for too long would make something similar.

Strange that no one else has come up with this idea. Cool.

I would love to see cracks appear in your vision when you get shot, which means that the helmet is cracking, and you could see the glass automatically repair itself via the wonders of nanotechnology.

How many helmets with faceplates did you see in the Doom3 preview?

I dont want to fall down, it's not realistic unless it's whopping damage like a rocket or shotgun blast.

Also, i dont ever want to see the color red used to indicate damage ever again, I want blue to be the new color (because after all, if you lose blood your vision gets dark and bluish).

If you are hit by a fireball and it "sticks" to you, I wouldn't mind seeing red though.

In addition to the screen blurring, it should also change size, rotate, etc. because you are having hallucinatory effects from pain or exhaustion.

I only want the screen to shake if you take lots of damage, ie, more than 50 - having it shake from nearby explosions isn't too bad either (and a very momentary shake when you fire something with heavy recoil - like SSG).

Zaldron said:

:lights Zaldron on fire and plays Danzig 5 for him:

Yeah, I think it's odd that the Doom Marine should have perfect balance all the time. What about say tripping and falling down stairs or something? Something of interest... How come there is no fps where you can see your feet? How on Earth do these people move without legs or anything? I notice that when I look down when I'm walking, I see my feet moving below me. Why not in games?

Lüt said:

:lights Zaldron on fire and plays Danzig 5 for him:

OK, that was the 2nd time in this week that someone lights me up.

Perhaps I should ditch this flammable suit...who the hell tricked me into pouring gas inside the washing machine?

You're concerned about being set on fire? You obviously haven't heard Danzig 5 then :)