Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Seven

The Story!!!!!

I have had a truely wicked idea for a good story for Doom 3, but I would like to link it in with the Doom series more.

Could someone give me a run down of the story so far? Doom 1 and 2 ?

Please

Let me get this straight...at the end of Doom 2, the hordes of hell were banished from Earth and sent back to there realm ???

That´s a mistery. When you thought everything was ok, you have to face Final DooM and DooM64 (I highly doubt the last one is an official part of the story).

Yeah, you can say the Earth is safe atfer DooM2...

Doom and Doom two were the only two official story parts. The rest of the Doom universe is filled with side stories and what if's.
It is generally implied that the Demon Spitter destroyed a great deal of Hell and it's minions in it's death, closing the portal to Earth. This leaves all the Demons on Earth at the time still on Earth. Somehow, these demons are no longer an issue for one reason or another. Perhaps being cut off from Hell had a negative impact on the demons and they reverted to chaos (chicken with it's cut off), and ultimately ended themselves. But Earth is rebuilding, as is Hell I imagine.
At another look, it also implies that these are just the thoughts of the space marine. All that has been accomplished is the cutting off of Earth from Hell, but many monsters are unaccounted for, and, unless I am mistaken, isn't our marine still in Hell? He did close the portal from the other side didn't he? There is a great deal of speculation, as others have said, so you should feel free to make assumptions. Who are we to say one interpretation is worse than another.