Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Corpse Art

What are the chances of seeing dead bodies hanging from the ceilings in doom 3 ?? Everything in the Tech Demo looked clean and tidy, actually, those dark corridors looked a little like Half-Life. Nothing wrong with HL, but if Doom 3 has no dead bodies in it, then it'll suck, cause let's face it > What's doom without dead bodies hanging from the ceilings & walls ? Give me your honest opinion.

...I look like a newbie.. I posted 2 threads in a row !! Wheaahaa... :)

That was a Tech demo to show off the lighting abilities of the GF 3..end of story.

That was not Doom 3 so please try not to think of it as what Doom 3 is going to be like, its hard I know :)

I am sure Doom 3 will have those kind of elements in it.

The techdemo doesn't have the doomfeeling. So I started worrying. Aarrghhhhhhhhh, fuck it. :)

And i started worrying because the demon in the tech demo looked like a funny latex monster for kids...

Actually the demon ins´t that funny. Check the first sequence, where he looks more like an Imp. The face´s so different in that shot that actually makes you think if it´s another demon.
I like the demon´s rib cage, you can see the organs if you look from under the sternum.

Disorder said:

The techdemo doesn't have the doomfeeling. So I started worrying. Aarrghhhhhhhhh, fuck it. :)

Quite the opposite, the techdemo reminds me of Episode 1, best DooM ever IMO.

Zaldron said:

Actually the demon ins´t that funny. Check the first sequence, where he looks more like an Imp. The face´s so different in that shot that actually makes you think if it´s another demon.
I like the demon´s rib cage, you can see the organs if you look from under the sternum.

Wierd, I was wondering what that stuff on his chest was...

About the creature being an imp, I dunno, but from the way he struts around, and the fact that his legs are reverse-jointed, it seems like he could be a beta for the (bulldog/pig/whatever the real name is) demon, although the fact that his mouth isn't big enough to swallow you whole threw me off at first^__^

i would say the chances of seeing corpses in doom3 are very good. i, too, noticed right away how scrubbed clean it looked in teh tech demo, which made me nervous at first, but id knows it wouldn't be doom without bloody entrails hanging, etc.,etc.

id artists have been drawing blood for years. And they´re damn good at it. I hope they venture further and fully translate those disturbing DooM scenes into DooM3. Quake was by no means as gory as DooM, but then again, satanic references weren´t the main decoration...

Guest SSK123
Seven said:

That was a Tech demo to show off the lighting abilities of the GF 3..end of story.

That was not Doom 3 so please try not to think of it as what Doom 3 is going to be like, its hard I know :)

I am sure Doom 3 will have those kind of elements in it.

I hope their are corpses! I remember the old days when I used to play Doom...

Zaldron said:

I thought it was another demon? Where you can see the beast from a distance, it looks quite good, but when you see the second demon (or the same, I don´t know) the face looks cartoonish and funny. But it´s just an very early beta, so I´m not realy worried :)

Don't worry, Doom3 will have plenty of goriness just like the last two Dooms. That includes dead bodies.

yea I wanna see some torcher victems hanging from walls
being fed to the demons and twitching as if still alive....just
I wanna killing fealds like in DooM and Quake
I really like the hanging zombie in quake! have you ever played the pain keep death match pack?