Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zchingo

I wonder...................

Guest Zchingo

This just hit me recently, and I'm sure I'm not the first one in the world to think of it. If the specs for this new game are being made right now, but the game won't be released for another year and a half at the least, won't the specs and tech for it then be outdated????????? Then again,I look at it this way; will a game ever get finished if it has to keep adapting to new technology while in progress? Godddam, this is giving me a headache!!!!!

Yeah, of course. A 1Ghz system with 256Mb RAM and a GeForce3 sounds a bit excessive right now, though I imagine in a year or so it will be pretty common amongst the hard-core folks among us.

Though I've been pretty optimistic since the MacWorld video, which ran really smooth on a Mac with a GeForce3 in what seems to be at least 640x480. Of course you couldn't really speak of real GPU-intensive action in that video, and the engine is still being written, so that will probably run a bunch slower than in February of this year.

You can run Quake3 at 640x480@16 with a TNT 1 and experience consistent framerates, always above 30 fps.

This means DooM3 will aim to the same relative tech spec, low-mid range.

Guest LorD_BaZTArD
Lord FlatHead said:

Yeah, of course. A 1Ghz system with 256Mb RAM and a GeForce3 sounds a bit excessive right now, though I imagine in a year or so it will be pretty common amongst the hard-core folks among us.

Though I've been pretty optimistic since the MacWorld video, which ran really smooth on a Mac with a GeForce3 in what seems to be at least 640x480. Of course you couldn't really speak of real GPU-intensive action in that video, and the engine is still being written, so that will probably run a bunch slower than in February of this year.

Current Computer Prices In AUSTRALIA:

1.3Ghz AMD Thunderbird
512MB SDRAM
Hercules Prophet III (Seperate: $1300 (US$ 650) (I think)
32x8x4 CDRW
30GB HDD
1.44MB FDD
19" Monitor
MotherBoard (Duh)
WinDOZE 98.
GeForce 2 (Instead of GF3)
Total Price $4500AUS. US$2250 (NOT INCLUDING VIDEO CARD)

Snot That expensive is it?