Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

The HUD

The HUD(or Heads Up Display for all you abbreviation-challenged DooMers) has yet to be seen in a demo of Doom3. However, this does not bother me; I have my own ideas about how it should look. You should definetly be able to see the DooMGuy's face-with all the new technology being introduced in Doom3, why id would leave the DooMGuy's face out? Anyways, what I am trying to get to is the DoomGuy's face should animate according to his surroundings. For example, when he's getting attacked by multiple of demons, he should have a look of terror and anger on his face; when there's nothing attacking him, and he's moving down a dark hallway, he should have a look of intensity and of nervousness. Perhaps if you heard Demons growling in the background, but they're really close, then maybe the DooMGuy's face should slowly become sweaty and he should have a look of extreme fear in his eyes.
What do you guys think?

Guest DOMINUS FECIT

I agree. But I seriously doubt id will bother. They're pretty lazy in terms of finishing touches and character development. Don't even get me started.

Lazy as in "no looking up or down, no jumping, better story for Doom2(demons invade Earth, you resuce it does not eaqual story)"?

Have there been any instances of first person perspective?

If not, it's pretty logical that we wouldn't see a HUD.

Is there some other Doom 3 footage out there that I have somehow not heard of? (cause I do live under a very large and dark rock)

I hope there's no HUD at all. It adds to the suspense. The little face? Thank God that's gone in most FPSs...

DOMINUS FECIT said:

I agree. But I seriously doubt id will bother. They're pretty lazy in terms of finishing touches and character development. Don't even get me started.

It has been awhile since id's making another SP game. The team has drastically changed, who are we to judge them?

It should be customizable as all hell. Health, armor, ammo, supplies, keys, timer, you should able to define the size, color, and location of each one.

Oh, and the face? Nah, I don't think so. I don't want ANYTHING in Doom 3 to remind me of how fucking horrible Q3A is.

Jesus, stop badmouthing once and for all :) I don't like MP-only games and I fucking HATE UT. I almost never mention it, why you keep bringing that issue?

=)

Believe me, if I had genital herpes I'd be bitching about all the open sores on my wang. Q3A is that bad.