Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

/me puts up new idea

One thing I don't understand-in Doom, you start off with 50 pistol rounds. This I can understand. What I don't understand, however, is how on Earth, or Mars, or Hell, do you pack 50 bullets in one pistol? I mean, I can understand the Chaingun holding that many bullets, but a pistol? Come on. This problem is compounded by the fact that you can can somehow put 50 shells in a shotgun. This sort of problem should be alleviated in Doom3. I think that if you about put 15 rounds from your pistol, then the DooM Marine Guy should automatically slap another clip into his pistol. After every 10 shotgun blast, he should then put in another 10 shells. This would make for more strategy with your weapons, and it would make the game even more intense. After blasting your way through a samll army of undead marines, you fumble around for a clip of ammo, and you can hear the undead getting closer. You quickly pop the clip in, just as a zombie comes around the corner.
How does this sound?

This is one of the FIRST ideas put on this damn forum kiddo.

Just so you know...

Pistol:
.45 - 12 rounds
9mm - 17/21 rounds
10mm - 15/18 rounds
.357 - 6 (revolver), 9 (desert eagle), 12 (glock)
.44 - 6 (revolver), 8 (desert eagle)

Shotgun:
12 gauge - 7 (spas12), 8 (most everything else), 9 (full spas12)

Rifle:
5.56 - 30 (m16, m4a1) 60 (extended clip)

Chaingun:
Belt fed, doesn't use clips will ONLY feed from belts

Actually, all of iD's games have no reloading, save for moving the slide on the shotgun, which doesn't really count.

In keeping with the(slightly) more realistic feel they're going for this time, it's almost certain that there'll be more realistic weapon handling....

and yes, this has been discussed more times in the last year than I can count.

DooM's old, I'm not surprised there's no reloading :P

Every FPSs has it now. No need to forward this idea to id.

Guest Krezy mAn

good point. i guess the pistol has a 50 rd clip(which is ridiculous). the shotgun i can't understand.
i think id should have reload animations for every weapon in doom3.

Guest Krezy mAn
Disorder said:

OMG. What a surprise.
deadnail posted something about guns again... =P

disorder SCREW YOU

I think that will spoil the game.
If every weapon will have the exact amount of ammo per clip, like in reality, the game will morph to Half-life, and we dont't want that, won't we ? We want some action, right ?

Uh... hi!

You do realize that not all the bullets the guy carries are in the weapon, right? The 50/100/200/400 ammo counts are what he's carrying on him, not what he has in the weapons.

Krezy mAn said:

disorder SCREW YOU

Ooooh... A newbie.
I'm soooo scared. =P
Who the fuck are you, and how dare you speak to me like that... You don't even know me. You're just one of those newbies who like to become populair by giving a big mouth.
I'll hunt you down and cut your wrists...
No wait... I know something cooler.

/me calls for macvile

Krezy mAn said:

disorder SCREW YOU

what prompted that...obviously, you are a newbie who doesn't have a sense of humor or the slightest idea of how the "locals" conduct themselves...deadnail knows a lot about guns...it was a joke...asshead.

i was going to post soemthing similar but never gt around to it...i also noticed that at the beginning of doom 2 where did al of your weapons go? shouldnt you have all weapons except the DBS?? did going from hell to earth take your weapons away except the pistol with 50 rounds