Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ragjunkie

who else is sick of lamers

Guest ragjunkie

ok some people who have played me in deathmatch will know me as fragjunkie. I am sick of lamers. i was playing a dm and i killed some people with a bfg so one o the people i shot starts going on about how i am a lamer. so anyway i stop using the bfg and still manage to beat him by about 18 frags the games about to finish so i shoot him with the bfg and i get called a lamer again. loads o people are doing this even ater i beat without the bfg. will i know it is annoying when lamers just grab the bfg and only use that when u balance out the use o it what is wrong with using it. these people are just pissed off that they are losing and so they try and find exuses like u only one becuase of the bfg. who else is pissed off about this?

yah, i think i shot u in the back with a plasma gun for doing that,its not lame, but it does suck.plus its allot more fun without the bfg.

do u know who i hate, rambo.

hes a rocket junkie. He kills me for the heck of it, and then when i kill him, he wonders way i did that.

thats just what i think

Guest ragjunkie

i know its more un without it i dont use it much but i get annoyed with people telling u your crap because u use it once. that is my point

If the weapons in the wad its valid, that's all I can say: If someone considers BFG lame they should only join servers with wad/level with no BFG in it, plenty around Dwango etc
NC has a server running with jump on etc and I am fed up of people joining it and saying "no BFG" who are they to decide on rules in someone elses server? Bollox to 'em I say :)

Well, I guess you've got a point, but I still hate the BFG(at least in deathmatch) and the problem is, usually your only choice for servers is whichever one happens to have people in it. I guess I'll stop whining about the BFG, but I'm still not gonna use it myself because I still feel it's wrong.

Guest ragjunkie
fodders said:

If the weapons in the wad its valid, that's all I can say: If someone considers BFG lame they should only join servers with wad/level with no BFG in it, plenty around Dwango etc
NC has a server running with jump on etc and I am fed up of people joining it and saying "no BFG" who are they to decide on rules in someone elses server? Bollox to 'em I say :)

fodders is right this is the point im trying 2 make i dont use the gun myslefe (only occasionly) but im sick o people trying to talk 2 u as if they make up the rules!

I don't play csdoom because my ping rate is too high and I can rarely even get a frag with even the bfg.

It's kinda hard to play DM when you see the guy and duck around a corner- but then you die because your action didnt go into effect until 1.5 seconds later - in which time your opponent was able to gun you down with a plasma gun while you looked stationary.

And when I shoot, the shot doesn't come out of the barrel for a very long 1 second - time enough for your opponent to either spray you to death or leave with a firetrail behind them :<
I have shot the bfg before and the sound goes off and then I die because I was gunned down before the server got my "shoot BFG shot" signal.

I am sick and *FuCkInG* tired of adding frags to someone else's list voluntarily - like giving yourself a voluntary shot of gasoline just for someone to see what it does to you. So that's why I dont play csdoom. Maybe when the cable-modems get really popular I wont have to suffer any of these defeats again :)

I live in illinois - probably far away from any servers (california?, new york?) and the reason for my lowest ping wont go below 500.
(why does the general populace of the US seem to be migrating to cities?)

I think your best shot is to try to use doomserve http://www.doomserv2000.com beta 4 is just about working nice now, if you and your friend log onto it, at moment theres a choice of 3 washington oregon and st louis servers find the one that suits you best st louis probably altho main server at top of list is the one most use as its 1st one they try
the good thing about doomserv is once it has established game parameters you leave the server and are playing in a client to client, or peer to peer as some say it is, i dont know the diff :) so ping is just between you and your mate in england
i am in england and play there coz it dont suffer from the delays of csdoom firing and you can set dup to suit your game, plus you can chat before game and it supports co op deathmatch and deathmatch respawn

*Doomserv 4.0 screwed up on my system and now it won't let me log back on (something about "forceful", hmmm...).

*First of all the screen wouldn't expand large enough for me to see stuff on the right side (i was in 800x600 btw), when I clicked on the first button (something about launching a game), I set my options and then when I launched it, doomserv locked up.

*I didn't catch the error msgs because I couldn't re-create the problem (because I can't log back on). And when I ran doomserv, the st louis server was greyed out (nobody on it?). I'm seriously about to remove the damn cursed thing from my system (grrrr!).

*Oh the -dup command, so instead of 2, i should use 4 or 6 ? because I move quite abit (I use the mouse in conjunction with the movement keys so I have very high manueverability, constantly used is strafing!)

It's possible you didnt configure doomserv 1st? under tools>game cfg
There was a new beta released sunday morning all other releases will not work now, thats perhaps the reason for the "forcefull rejection" msg , but if you ever get that msg apart from trying to use wrong version to log onto server, it's usually generated when a server is down, and st louis was down for some maintainance
I hope when you set options you selected "make my game solo" if you was just testing it? If you still have problems dont delete, i know loads of people who use it and some that had trouble but that was easily fixed by some help from other users

BFG isn't really a lamer's gun unless you use it like that. I mean, I don't use the little spray thingy if I can avoid it, I mainly use it to splinter people with (after all it does do 1000 fucking damage).

I get someone backed into a corner, they pull out SSG, I pull out BFG.

I don't use the bfg all the time either, most of the time is spent using either SSG or Plasma, I try to stay away from using shotgun,chaingun,pistol(ha!),and only use rockets when the guy doesn't see me. I do from time to time use berserker on someone if I got a megasphere-equivalent health/armor (hmmm... perfect chance to BFG me huh?, up close and smiling for the camera :)

I sometimes use the bfg just as a change of taste, DM can get boring after awhile of fragging with the same two weapons over and over again, why not take a break and use the bfg once.

I say let them whine. It is their problem if they do not know enough about the weapon to succesfully get out of its way. There have been BFG whiners since doom was new, and since csdoom is now the new thing to a bunch of these guys, we're seeing a surge in BFG whining once more.

--BahdKo

fodders said:

I am fed up of people joining it and saying "no BFG" who are they to decide on rules in someone elses server? Bollox to 'em I say :)

Recently, some lamer came onto the Dwango5 Map1 server i run (Classic Dwango5 map1 is its name) and started that "NO BFG" ordering shit. I was like.. people.. ignore him. I would say that the people who come onto csdoom servers screaming NO BFG should definately not be taken seriously. If they were the server admins, they would most likely have loaded a non-BFG map like Dwango5 map7. I enjoy concentrating on my BFG use in the presence of such whiners. So far, they tend to leave, or cope. <G>.

BahdKo said:

I say let them whine. It is their problem if they do not know enough about the weapon to succesfully get out of its way. There have been BFG whiners since doom was new, and since csdoom is now the new thing to a bunch of these guys, we're seeing a surge in BFG whining once more.

--BahdKo

I agree. If the BFG is in the map it is meant to be used. I don't use it myself because I'm hopeless with it. I do know a thing or two about avoiding its effects, and can use certain weapons as a good counter to it, however. In many maps, the BFG is actually a detriment to those who try to use it anyway.

Ya know, I've actually had problems with guys who do like to use the BFG. I remember one time I was on one of the dwango maps, playing some guy one on one. Every time he tried to kill me using the BFG, I ran away, dodged, or somehow squirrled out of getting splintered. He starts taunting me: "Run like a BITCH",
"Lamer coward", "Pussy", stuff like that. It wasn't until he accused me of cheating that I up and quit on him.

Stphrz said:

I agree. If the BFG is in the map it is meant to be used. I don't use it myself because I'm hopeless with it. I do know a thing or two about avoiding its effects, and can use certain weapons as a good counter to it, however. In many maps, the BFG is actually a detriment to those who try to use it anyway.

Yep Stphrz (sheesh i can never remember how to spell that :) )
The Bfg in csdoom with lag is actually quite hard to use, you are not actually where you think you are when you decide to fire so all sorts of things can go wrong, usually you die 'coz' it took so bloody long to warm up :) What peeves me is the guys who call you a cheat when you use the secondary fire " you laming cheat, you fired that round corner but it still killed me" rtfm i say :) I DO miss the silent Bfg option tho in zdoom :(

Im sick of people just not dying!
When they pick up a megasphere it's the equivalent of being as tough as a cacodemon!
I get pissed whn my rocket or SSG doen't kill them in one hit at point blank.
That's one reason I pull out bfg and corner the bastard and splinter him!

I do not encourage the inclusion of rail-guns into any doom - deathmatch evironment.
One shot/kill weapons that you can't sidestep (instant beam tracing weapons like chaingun) do not belong in doom DM, or for that matter any other game (including the quakes)

Yes, the megasphere needs to be included in a map cautiously to avoid imbalance. Same with any powerful item or weapon.